First Liberty nickel

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, been a while since I got out for a dig. Tried one site I've been looking at for years... a complete bust. Lots of trash and tons of rocks. So I went to one of my usually spots. I found the normal pull tabs and slaw, an 87 quarter, Lincoln penny, and this... 1911 Liberty V nickel.
Soaking it in mineral oil as we speak.

IMG_1572.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG

I keep giving up on this spot, but I keep going back. It's trashy, it's been severely landscaped, but hey, it's used a lot and the top finds are replenished yearly. But I have found some really old finds here. The latest dating to the 1820s.

Upvote 31
Hey, I swear I lost that last week. Just send it back via overnight Fedex.

:occasion14:

Congrats on your first v. That is actually in really nice shape compared to most I've seen dug.

Thanks... it's brown. The blue is from the LED light I used to cross light it. I couldn't color correct it.

Mineral oil should clean it up... yes?

Last edited:
Congrats on your first V Nickel. They are always a fun coin to dig.

Nicely done! Congratulations on your first V nickel! HH

Congratualtions on the nice find! :occasion14:

That's a nice coin.
Would love to find one.

VERY BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL...

WOW! Nice find. Congrats! :thumbsup:

very nice, still searching for my first, you know to help fill my dumptruck list

Special coin,,
Put it in a coin folder and Mark it with date found, location, and in big red letters,, "FIRST"

You got a nice one for your first. Plenty of detail on that old V Nickel. Congrats on scoring a sweet old first V Nickel.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back