What's new

First one

Brentallica

Bronze Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
2,177
Reaction score
830
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello - was metal detecting in my yard and pulled this out from a foot down. Any idea of age?
I am super excited as I am sure this is older than any relic or coin I have ever found.
Any info from the experts on this forum is greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Brent ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428342815.668396.webp
 
Upvote 0
Definitely older than any coin you ever found! What state are you from?
 
Genesee Co. MI
 
Maybe a couple thousand years before colonial.
 
Definitely older than any coin you ever found! What state are you from?

Thanks for the response guys!
Do you know what type this is?
Would this have been a knife or spear?
 
Thanks for the response guys!
Do you know what type this is?
Would this have been a knife or spear?

To give you the most accurate information possible we need to know what state it was found in.
Quite possibly used as a knife or the tip to a small spear projectile thrown with an atlatl
 
Last edited:
Fenton, MI (Genesee Co)
Thank you for any info!!
 
Last edited:
Just a couple years older than your oldest coin I bet

ForumRunner_20150406_203618.webp
 
You're very welcome good luck out there
 
Id be doing some more hunts in that area. Nice save
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom