FIRST POST BACK SINCE VACATION.....AND A VERY LUCKYY FIND!!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up buds :wink: ;D Its been a good 3-4 weeks since I have posted which is NOT like me :o But I have just

been enjoying vacation and spending alittle time with the family here at the end of summer before I GEAR IT UP BIG again starting in September :wink: :wink:

Since I have been back from :icon_sunny: Florida I have not been able to go detecting which has been hard since

I am use to going every other day ;D Last weekend I wasn't able to go because my brother had his birthday

party I had to attend so that shot that weekend :P :P :dontknow: :whip2: I have been at the long end of a whip running

here and there....SOO, YOU KNOW, that by this weekend I WAS FEINING and going into DETECTING

WITHDRAWALS :happy2: :happy2:

So we went out to a couple of new sites today. We were scouting out new areas and wound up

being skunked at the first 3 sites. When we got to the next site we were "eyeballing" the debris

and dirt without our detectors as the site had just been cleared off and getting ready for construction. There were pieces of old

glass from the 1800 and early 1900s and marbles lying around and then I walked up on an old milk glass medicine bottle....Old but in and

of itself not too great.....when I picked it up I just happened to glance inside and to my BIG SURPRISE :o I

thought I saw something awesome but I thought that it just had to be my eyes were blurry or I had

something in them so I wiped my eyes and looked again and pulled out this ;D:
MD Pics 224.jpg

A beautiful GREENISH BLUE PATINA'd rusted together MASS of Percussion Caps! Now, THATS what I call a

LUCKY STRIKE.....I couldn't believe it.....even my buddy said "Man the chances of picking that lil medicine

bottle up and finding those in it have to be 10,000: 1 or more.....Needless to say I thought it was pretty cool

and I had to post this "pick up" find for everyone to see:wink: Hope y'all had and are enjoying the last few

weeks of summer but I am looking forward to the fall and Many more finds

Upvote 0
That's One Priceless Piece there Josh....Never ever again Brother......One "loaded" cartridge Box would do me though :thumbsup: Beautiful Dig!!!!

Josh, What a great find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They are very cool... I had a great day today also, My first gold coin!!! As soon as I can get the pictures downloaded you will be able to see it. Again Congratulations...TCooper

OH YEAH!

That is one HECK of a piece there. :thumbsup:

Josh Dude, it is good to see you posting on this great forum again. :thumbsup: I hope you had a great vacation, buddy! :icon_sunny:

I love that mass of percussion caps. You never see anything that special being posted! :thumbsup:

Now, get out there and find us 1,000 percussion caps stuck together in one ridiculous clump of history!!! :thumbsup: :wink:

Kyle

Sweet find Josh. Congrats to you on such a neat piece.
Welcome back.
-Doug-

Hey Kirk thanks bud :wink:

Thanks too you too Buck, Civil, TCooper, WarsawD, and MM :thumbsup: :wink:

Now I'm just wondering where Ty is at with his 2 for 2 US Plates...!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :o What a good relic hunter he's become.

Only you, Senti! :D Sooo awesome! 8) That site's already a good one! :thumbsup:

Good luck on your return!! Congrats! Nana :wink:

Man!! Outstanding!!! Just..... outstanding find!! I have a little box I keep all the caps I have found in but a nice clump like that.. too cool!!!

Great job!

MonkeyBoy

Interesting find.

I don't do holidays. Why would I :icon_scratch: :-*

GREAT find, Josh!!! You guys are right. The odds of finding that has
got to be pretty long!!! Nice to see you back! With fall coming up, we
all, hopefully, are set for a PRODUCTIVE hunting season!

tymcmurray said:
He's Learning Josh ;D....Hey Ty :tard: ::)

civilman1 said:
tymcmurray said:
He's Learning Josh ;D....Hey Ty :tard: ::)

Oh yeah, he's runnin with the big dogs now! I guarantee the Ty of a year ago would not believe that he could find the finds of the TY of today :wink: :wink: ;D :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back