What's new

First really good find with the xt70 beach find PIX ADDED

bootybay

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
11,317
Reaction score
122
Golden Thread
1
Location
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to try the beach again, I was itching big time to get out..so I got there at 430pm, anyways, was dry sand hunting, as I still am having problems with the xt in wet sand.
Anyways, the beach was slowly starting to empty out, folks going home and or going to dinner.. well, I am picking up clad here n there, then I get a good solid hit, mid 30's bouncing but solid, so one inch down, I see a circle, I thought oh heck another metal bottle cap, well I scooped it up and it took every ounce of control for me not to do a happy dance in the sand, so I quickly put it away. NO ONE SAW ME recover it.. so here I am, with a beautiful heavy and I mean heavy sterling silver initial ring. I was so thrilled.. well, I sat down 30 min. after I found it to take a break, when here comes a teenager, asking me if I found a ring, I asked her what kinda ring ya looking for? She described it to a tee.. so I did what was right, I handed her the ring and said is this it? ( it had the initials she had said to me too on it) I was glad, but on the other hand, I was sad, as it was my first really good find on the beach.. and alls I got was a pix of it in her hands on my cell phone and I have no clue how to get it on here.. so thats my find for the day along with 1.71 in clad.
 

Attachments

  • 0803081814.webp
    0803081814.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,025
Upvote 0
Re: First really good find with the xt70 beach find

Thats great for your karma!
Now your in line for something even better!
 
Re: First really good find with the xt70 beach find

Hey BB, I know the feeling ,but do not worry - completely let it go . This will come back to you in spades,

thank you for setting a good example for all of us. God bless you ! Argentium.
 
Re: First really good find with the xt70 beach find

BB,
Hey you know what? I expect that you will find a big honking GOLD ring next time.
You did good,a nd makes me proud to know you.
Joe
 
Re: First really good find with the xt70 beach find

Even thought it feels so bad, it was so right, just think about if you had lost your ring and ran into an honest, upright, trustworthy MDer. You give us all a good name when we do something like this.
HH & BOL on you next hunt.

fccdfed
 
Re: First really good find with the xt70 beach find

Nice job Bootybay! You are making us proud. Congrats on the great find!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: First really good find with the xt70 beach find

THAT was cool :thumbsup:

I know what it's like to return (or in my case, donate) something you've found. . . after 2 or 3 days, you'll feel much better :wink:

Now, find some "generic" gold. . . like a $20 gold piece ;D

Take care,
watercolor
 
I know its hard to give up a great find,but the deed youve done is worth more :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You Da Gurl!
 
well, at least I have the picture of it... thanks to sparky helping me with that one.. and the teenager was nice and did say thank you.. so, I will keep plugging along .. but, thank god it wasnt a diamond ring lol
 
That's exactly right Booty !!! good things always come back to you !!! Keep your eyes to the ground.

HH to all
 
Way Too Go BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Nice find! Keep it up!
 
Great job!!! I hope you get an even bigger gold ring to replace it with!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Cool beans dude! It's time for something really nice now. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Nice find bootybay! Sorry you gave up your find but it was the right thing to do. You're storing up some good karma. What goes around comes around. I see gold in your future :thumbsup:. Well done!
 
karma test --- good news you passed it with a A +
 
You did good and you did the right thing. Besides there will be many many more that you will find that won't be claimed. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom