What's new

First returned ring

Swills

Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2010
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
I will say I havent found anything super as of yet while detecting, but while out on the beach the other day I was talking to a gentleman that was interested in our hobby. Always nnice to promote the sport in a good way, or at least I thought as much. Anyways, while I was speaking to him another gentleman came up asking if I detected on the beach some and I replied yes. He went on to talk about a ring he had lost a week or so ago and gave a very good description of it. I replied that indeed I had found such a ring. The smile on his face was immense! The plan is to meet him tomorrow with the ring and return it.
It had just been sitting in my box of goodies I have found and now will find its way back to the rightful owner. What a great feeling.
Dont get me wrong. I would not have gone out of my way to post an ad in the paper that I found it, but if someone stops me and can give an EXACT description of the item I will always return it. Im not a "soap box" kind of guy, but its good to give back. Karma is all I can say... no telling what I will find next.
 
Upvote 0
Swills
Good for you in doing the right thing. Hopefully it comes back to you ten fold. Great story and appreciate you sharing it. I used to spend a lot of time down around Jacksonville and always ate at some sea food shack in Mayport. Forget the name ? Singletons maybe?
Anyways good job.Get a pic of the guy with the ring and post it on here if he does not mind.
HH
TnMtns
 
Awesome :hello2:

Congrats on doing such a good deed. You will be rewarded with good karma.

And welcome to Treasurenet!!!!

Jim
 
Yes it is always a goo feeling when you return a ring. I als so not put out a ad in the paper when I find a ring. But if someone can tell me what a ring looks like and give a good discription of it and if I find it I will always be happy to return it......Matt
 
Awsome !

please Post & Let us know how it went
.
 
Good for you!
 
Met the guy as scheduled. He was very appreciative and offered a small reward. I didnt really go out of my way returning it, so I declined. Here is what the ring looked like.
 

Attachments

  • found_ring.webp
    found_ring.webp
    129.1 KB · Views: 278
Good deed Swills !! :notworthy: Way to go!! :thumbsup:
 
Good Job on the Return..There will always be rings, But the memory of returning one is for life.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom