What's new

First session with F75

dan_h

Full Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
129
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Used DE and DE and otherwise default settings and 5" coil. Pinpoint uses VCO which I like. Found a lady bug pin of pot metal, 4 pennies and assorted odd metal as I was digging every signal. Next time I'll use the 11" coil in a different park and try Boost mode. F75 made a good first impression.
 
Forgot to mention that it is the Special Edition made in December and brand new not an updated one.
 
That's a Good Start. The 5" was my favorite coil last summer.
 
JE and then DE. It's hard to type on a cell phone!
 
From what I have read is JE is just about obsolete if you have BP mode. I swing at a constant speed and if I am searching an area that does not have level soil. I switch between BP an PF. and then raise the sensitivity while in PF mode. Whn I get back to relatively level soil I switch back to BP and reduce the sensitivity if necessary. I had my F75 SE LTD upgraded over a month ago.
 
I'm still learning the LTD2 as well but it seems to me....DE and JE tolerate a faster sweep speed than BP. If I'm out in the open covering ground at a fast pace I will use those modes. When I start hearing targets or find something good I can switch back to BP and slow down sweep speed. Best way to figure out what works best for you is with a target in the ground. When you find something with a little depth to it....change settings and sweep speed to see what picks it up best.

Good luck

Kenny
 
I switch between FA and JE modes. DE mode is the fastest mode I believe. BP is just too much for a trashy park for me. I have a test garden. I have a jar of pennies buried at 16" inches, I noticed with the upgrade a definite increase in signal. I have also had to start digging all repeatable signals. Once I get a spot cleaned out I can really turn up the power and hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom