Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver thimble, but it met the plow. The two buttons have no backmarks. The decorative one is neat. The little gilt buckle type thing might of been to a book marker. It reads, G.H. Guyot. The long piece with what looks like a nozzle on the end is the second I have found. The tip is solid so are both long pieces. This one has the remains of a decorative top still attached. Like the other I found this one still swivels at the knuckle. Very odd, I'm lost in thought as to what this was for, its still neat. Arty

Attachments

• 5 22 2012.jpg
    5 22 2012.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Thimble.jpg
    Thimble.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Upvote 1

I'll make a couple of guesses. Could one be the top and spray tip of a perfume bottle? And second, could the buckle thingy actually be a suspender adjuster? Good fun finds.

Chuck

Beat up by the plow or not silver thimbles are a real good find.

I'll make a couple of guesses. Could one be the top and spray tip of a perfume bottle? And second, could the buckle thingy actually be a suspender adjuster? Good fun finds.

Chuck

No place for the perfume to travel, everything is solid including the holeless tip. Could be for suspenders.

What, if any, identifiable hallmarks are on the thimble?
Don....

Hi Don, Not a one. Opened it up slightly to get a look inside also and couldn't find a thing.

Looks like the part that had the hallmarks is gone. They are usually stamped in the inside dome part.

Sent from a hole 10 feet deep with nothing in it!

Nice! It took me a dozen years of digging to find my first silver thimble. The piece with the tube and collar is a part from a gas lighting system. I have found many decorative pieces and tubing like this in the fields over the years. My buddy dug most of a chandelier where it was discarded in a trash pit.

-Buckles

Love the thimble, all your finds are cool.....HH

Very nice Silver Thimble ! ...congrats ! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back