What's new

first solid silver roll!!

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
Ahh the excitement in the air... I found a chain of banks that were open today and since I had the day off I hit up 6 banks. I was able to get 2 half dollar rolls and $10 loose, and at the various banks I stocked up on dimes...ended up searching 125 rolls ($625 total).

At the bank where I got the two rolls I was excited to see that everyone was silver! 20 40%'s...the other roll yielded two. After searching the dimes I found 5 silver pieces and I believe a Canadian proof (do these have mintmark of p??). I also found a crappy looking pendant in the roll of dimes, taking the place of 3 dimes. Pretty sure it's not gold but anywho... The results are below...


1 pendant
10 x 1967
4 x 1968-D
8 x 1969-D

Silver Roosies – 4 total (63-D, 57, 56-D x 2)
5 pence - 3 total (1992, 2003, 2005)
1 Bermuda dime (1995)
Canadian Dime (56, 69, 73, 76, 82, 88, 95, 2002-P)

I also found a dime that could be a clipped planchet but not sure and my picture quality is horrendous so I'll keep for now... Enjoy and happy hunting!
 

Attachments

  • SDC10102.webp
    SDC10102.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 416
  • SDC10100.webp
    SDC10100.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0
Thats what i'm talkin bout. Love the solid silver rolls. They don't come often, and I always believe they are a collection intentionally or mistakenly dumped.
Congrats and savor that feeling. AMC
 
Awesome!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Great Finds.

I mentioned the other day in the thread about ugliest coins ever minted and commented how the new Canadian coins all look like Proof Quality.


Mojo
 
Congrats on your first solid roll of silver, :thumbsup:
 
can't believe you found open banks....i am jealous....anyway nice finds....thats what i call a good day :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the solid silver roll! They don't come often, I found one last week, my third solid silver roll in 3 years of CRH. It's a rush, ain't it? ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom