What's new

First Spanish Silver! Cut Phillip V Pistareen!

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our local club searched the grounds of a mid 1700s church today & I found my first Spanish silver! This has been on my bucket list a while! It's a cut pistareen (2 reale) (they would cut the coin to make change). It was minted in Seville Spain (S mint mark) during the reign of Phillip V & dates 1719-1745. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463878148.030200.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463878164.710229.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463878177.062109.webp
 
Upvote 58
With all the Lowcountry digs you done I'm surprised that it is local that you found it!
 
Love that cut Spanish silver
 
These are my favorite posts. I love seeing people nail these big firsts off the bucket list. I know that feeling and it's awesome. Great job buddy
 
Awesome cut silver, I was very fortunate enough to find a fully intact 1728 pistareen last year, my prized possession, however the cut one is super cool!
 
Congratz! That is pretty awesome!
 
Great job Josh. I'm surprised that's your first one too considering your research and effort. Hope you find many more!
 
Beautiful old silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom