What's new

First Spanish Silver! Cut Phillip V Pistareen!

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our local club searched the grounds of a mid 1700s church today & I found my first Spanish silver! This has been on my bucket list a while! It's a cut pistareen (2 reale) (they would cut the coin to make change). It was minted in Seville Spain (S mint mark) during the reign of Phillip V & dates 1719-1745. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463878148.030200.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463878164.710229.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463878177.062109.webp
 
Upvote 58
Very cool...congrats!
 
Nice cut silver
 
nice find! ive yet to find a cut one, congrats
 
I'm kinda surprised that is your first Spanish considering some of the other stuff you post. I'm sure it won't be your last.
 
Congrats Mr. Gum.

Nice piece of Spanish, and like Steve said probably not your last.......can't wait for my next.
 
Thanks Steve & Rick! They have been found all around me! That's a find that always eluded me & I'm very happy to check it off the bucket list!
I'm kinda surprised that is your first Spanish considering some of the other stuff you post. I'm sure it won't be your last.
 
Gorgeous cut silver, congrats
 
Beautiful cut silver! Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 
Congrats, its still on mine.....
 
nice and sharp too! Congrats!
 
very nice, good detail
 
Congrats Josh. The look on your face was just priceless!
 
That's a beauty...I love cut Spanish!
 
That is really cool cut silver! I would be thrilled !! Congrats and HH
 
Super crisp cut.
Great cut example.

Well done.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom