Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually pulled more wheats than that. I hope they arent all gone. LOL
My daughter and I just sorted $50 worth of hand-rolled and found about 20-2009's, 18 wheats and about three-quarters copper. I'm not a copper hoarder so we threw those and the 2009's back. She's going to be the next collector in the family (8 y.o.), can't get my boy away from Xbox...good luck in the search.

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea , I hoard the copper myself. I also like pulling wheats. Me and my wife pulled over 100 wheats from a $25 box one time. I think I made a thread about it a year or so ago. I like searching pennies and nickels myself. I also go through a lot of quarters due to filling the newspaper boxes in the morning.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea , I hoard the copper myself. I also like pulling wheats. Me and my wife pulled over 100 wheats from a $25 box one time. I think I made a thread about it a year or so ago. I like searching pennies and nickels myself. I also go through a lot of quarters due to filling the newspaper boxes in the morning.

you find alot of silver quarters???

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

you find alot of silver quarters???

[/QUOTE]

Not a bunch really. Sometimes I go a month or two and dont find any. I probably look through $200 or so in quarters a week. Once I have found 2 in one day. They are tough to find. I would say I average 5 to 6 a year honestly just from my newspaper job.

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm am going to start saving copper myself.

I think it may be a good idea in the long run. I roll my copper back up and put them in the boxes I get from the bank. I have a little over $100 face in copper pennies so far. It doesn't take long to get a bunch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread