What's new

First time ever!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a skunk penny box.....i think the tellers pulled out all the wheats, indians, and flying eagles while they were rolling them (there is no such thing a counting machine here :'( )

HH
-GC
 
Upvote 0
You might as well go into hibernation for the rest of the winter now, they know what you are up to & are going to beat ya to the punch evrytime now..... Or move to a different town!
 
Hang in there, keep trying. I have done a lot worse than you lately. Try some smaller banks, or even those faux banks inside the Walmarts and Kmarts. They go thru a lot of change. The smaller banks do better on the smaller coinage in my neck of the woods. If you have a chance for a road trip(I know what time of the year it is), the smaller(non-chain) banks in little towns produce a lot of wheats for me. It seems like they get little old ladies who bring in their jars of coins. Happy New Year, Jim
 
I know what you mean. I got my first one a few weeks ago.
 
goldencoin said:
I got a skunk penny box.....i think the tellers pulled out all the wheats, indians, and flying eagles while they were rolling them (there is no such thing a counting machine here :'( )

HH
-GC

Were there any pre 82 copper pennies, if so then it's not really a skunk is it?
 
Ryedale said:
goldencoin said:
I got a skunk penny box.....i think the tellers pulled out all the wheats, indians, and flying eagles while they were rolling them (there is no such thing a counting machine here :'( )

HH
-GC

Were there any pre 82 copper pennies, if so then it's not really a skunk is it?

A skunk is the eye of the beholder (or something like that). In all actuality, it depends on what you collect. If you only collect wheaties or older, a whole box of pre-83 copper memorials would still be considered a skunk.

I consider no wheat pennies a skunk. Still haven't had one....
 
there are about ten small banks in my town, so i'll just have to move my operation to another one....

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom