First time out..and a bit of good luck.

Golden Pull-tab

Mar 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got my first detector after a 7 week back order, my Sov.GT and the 15x12 sef came in yesterday, and I decided to take it for a spin on my parents property after work since they live in a fairly old town, named 1715.

Spent about 2 hrs fiddling with the settings and learning the sounds, no old coins, but a whole bunch of clad, half of a silver spoon, and just as I was leaving, a small, 2 inch long brass/copper horseshoe. I had a good laugh when I cleaned it up and It said "GOOD LUCK" on the horseshoe, I'll take it as a good omen, the chances of your find telling you "good luck" on your first day out treasure hunting have to be pretty low.

Attachments

• GOODLUCk 001.jpg
    GOODLUCk 001.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are learning your new machine! Good luck in the future with it. From what I have heard and read you have a great machine. :thumbsup:

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wtg on the good luck charm.... congrats on the sovgt. quite a step for a 1st machince. welcome to tnet :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread