What's new

First Time out and my adventure

BleeperNooby

Greenie
Joined
Aug 22, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time learning how to use my Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. I was very impressed with it but it took me a while to figure out how to set the sensitivity and discrimination. But once I got it all figure out it wasn't too bad and was rather boring with no hits after I got the settings zeroed in. I video documented my first time out here is the video if you would like to see how it went.


Thanks
BleeperNooby
 
Upvote 2
Welcome to TNet and the hobby.
 
Great machine. With a little patience and research etc the finds will come. I set about making a test garden today only to discover that the area I picked is not only littered with junk metal but was also a bit of a pet cemetery. On to the next lol. If you don't have one already, invest in a pinpointer with this machine esp if you have the DD coil. Even if you have to start out with a $16 Harbor Freight model (Cen-Tech). I have one as a back up and tweaked it out to two inches, so not too bad for the investment.
 
Welcome. I advise everyone with a new detector to put a few new coins of each denomination on top of the ground and wave the machine over them about 6" above to listen to the sounds they make. That gives you a good idea of what to listen to. You pulled out some trash that hopefully you can discriminate out in the future. You got a pull tab which you should never discriminate out but the rest should be history.

Congrats on your machine and hope to see some coins soon!
 
Welcome to the forum and hobby good luck
 
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have a hunt planned for Sunday along a watershed that should be a good spot for detecting and arrowhead hunting. I will post what I find.
 
Welcome to T-Net. Keep on posting. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom