First Time Out EVER! Thanks MIDUS1!!!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Well, let me preface this with a big ol' "Thanks!" to MIDUS1, for letting me borrow his backup Bounty Hunter, so I could give this hobby a try. I really do appreciate the use of it!

Secondly, after a week of pretty wet weather, I finally managed to get out in the yard today and do little detecting for a about an hour. House is only 17 years old, so I wasn't expecting much. Managed to find a grand total of $0.34!!! 1 Quarter, 1 nickel, and four pennies (all recent stuff, nothing silver). Also found were three pull tabs, a crushed Coca Cola can about 2 inches deep, a piece of scrap metal, and an "old" (80's) twist off from and RC Cola bottle.

I learned alot today. After the first pull tab, I recognized the sound of the next two, but dug them anyway to find out that my guess was right. Everything really does have a distinctive sound (not that I found a wide array of items), and that is pretty neat.

AGAIN... SPECIAL THANKS TO MIDUS1 FOR THE USE OF THE METAL DETECTOR!!! Hopefully I won't have to borrow it for very long.

I hope to get out again over the next few days. The ground around here is very diggable without being too messy.

Upvote 0

midus1

Jul 8, 2003
Alexandria, Ky
Great for first time

Your welcome beetle and I'm glad you found some coins on your first outting. If the rain stops, the ground is perfect for the next few days for MD'ing. I'll definately hit the VFW again this week.

Sometimes the pull tab tones turn out to be a nice gold ring so keep digging.

HH

OP
OP
B

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Yeah, I've heard that about the pulltabs discrimination. I think I might have read it on here at one time.

Thanks!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey beetle! I talk to you on the Mdparadise.net foruM! Man reading about ur first post was really exciting! You were really overjoyed with borowing metal detecting! Now your hosting events!!!!! :D Man it must be great! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread