first time out with the GTI 2500

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
got out to swing the GTI 2500 for the first time this morning. went to a school that i have been to a bunch of times. the machine was surprisingly easy to operate and understand. i had no problems with it at all and didnt even have to look at the manual once in the field. the standard coil pinpointed well and overall the machine was very stable. i switched to the larger 12.5" imaging coil and found that it pinpointed well also,and provided a bit more depth. all day the deepest target i dug was a clad dime at 6", but maybe there were not any deeper targets to find. the true target sizing feature was pretty neat.it works great on shallow 1" to 4" targets. if the salt elim feature works well, i would think this machine would kill on the beach! after 4" though the size readout became less acurate.the machine was fooled from time to time into thinking a crushed bottle cap or canslaw was a coin, but i was kind of expecting this to happen anyway. the weight of the machine wasnt really an issue, and i got used to it very quickly.so far so good! i will write a review of the machine after i feel i know it well enough to be fair and honest. anyway,here is what i found:

1-1945 WHEATIE
8- CLAD DIMES
1-CLAD QUARTER
1- CLAD NICKEL
5- CLAD PENNIES
and an enamaled pendant in the shape of an acoustic guitar
thanks for looking!............oh yeah.......almost forgot, i found a round mettallic object that i thought was a large cent at about 6". after i got home and cleaned it off im not so sure it is a coin,but i cant rule it out either. it is ever so slightly larger than a large cent but i cant read anything or see any features on it at all.its soaking in olive oil now. if it turns out to be more than an electrical knockout thingy i will let you know......see you all around!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
actually i do. ;) just not as much as i used to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread