First time poster and gotta show you my first cache find!

Aug 17, 2010
Hi TreasureNet!

This is my first time posting on treasurenet, but have been coming to the site for a while. I'm only 16 but have been MD'ing for over about 2 years now. I've found a total of 12 silver coins, all in the vicinity of my house. . . until today. Now I am up to 16 silver, after finding my very first cache!!! i found it in a small glass jar, right beside my front porch. My dad ("happyspider") says it looks like a glass salt pinch with a baby food jar lid. It gave a odd signal on my Minelab Xterra 50, and when I dug it, I could tell it had some coins inside, but was really surprised when I lifted the lid and found in the dirt packed inside, 4 Standling Liberty Quarters! :o :hello2:
All 4 were worn dates and unreadable, but still pretty cool! I was thinking I had hunted out my yard, but I guess not!

Hope to post with more goodies soon - Happy Hunting and God Bless!

NC Silverspider

Attachments

• NCSS-01.jpg
    NCSS-01.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,302
Upvote 0
WTG!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Welcome (officially) to T-Net!

Congrats on the great finds, and right in your own yard, too! What a fantastic little stash!

Thanks for sharing, and keep your finds coming, please! :wink:

Can you please post a lil bit bigger pic of your SLQ's? I think I can get the dates but I need the picture to be bigger so I can tell for sure the dates I think they are....

creeper71 said:
Can you please post a lil bit bigger pic of your SLQ's? I think I can get the dates but I need the picture to be bigger so I can tell for sure the dates I think they are....

Sure! Me and my dad used a magnifier but could'nt read any dates on them.

NC Silverspider

Attachments

• NCSS-01-ZOOM.jpg
    NCSS-01-ZOOM.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,070
at 16 alot of good hunting years ahead and the strength to hunt long and hard extremly nice cache of coins nice digs keep it up and keep us posted love to hear from you welcome aboard

Very nice. Looks like someone tried to bring out dates on some of them. Which would be really unusual if they weren't Type 1 coins. Possibility of a 1916 here. Please show both sides of each coin for these, as the 1916 lists for several thousand $ in about good.

Nice pile of silver right there. Congrats. jgas

Welcome to TNet 'neighbor.' Congrats on the silver! Breezie

Ten years of detecting and dozens of coins more than 200 years old, but the SLQ has still eluded me. Nice going on the cache!

Congrats Silverspider ! :icon_thumright: all of my cach's so far have been modern clad
And like some have said those Standing Liberty's are hard to come by.

Nice! Hope to see many more posts. Get out there and keep swinging. You should check out Nuggetnoggin profile on youtube think he's around 16 also and from NC. :icon_thumleft:

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back