First trip out with new MD..

Hawgwild

Oct 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my Ace 250 yesterday and after reading the book, watching videos, bench testing, and playing in the yard a little I headed out to a park in my area today. BTW: Really like the 250..functions and controls were very easy to understand and learn. Still got some work to do with it but very satisfied so far.

Found a ton of pull tabs but every so often I would hit on a coin. Nothing too special but the 1966 quarter pictured below was close. Couldn't get to some of my hits as the ground was like concrete. Will be better after a rain.

Worked my way into a little sandy children's playground and got a good hit at the base off a slide. Started pulling back the sand, heard a little click with my blade and then saw a little glint of gold...first trip out and found my first ring..lol...really didn't think it was gold but after getting it home and cleaning a little saw a 10K stamp on the inside...Maybe not much but sure made my day.

I'm also sure the person that lost the keys had a headache for a while...

Here is my little finds..thanks for looking...:)

nov8.jpg

And here is the ring..

ring.jpg

Upvote 5

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a great start with the new machine. Congrats.:icon_thumleft:

Dug1898

Sep 27, 2011
Fingerlakes Region, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-X2 &
Los Banos Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A gold ring the first time out...priceless! Way to go man, what a great start. And, you found the keys, all you have to do now is find the car!

Last edited:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hunt and you found gold, congrats! That Ace 250 will be paid for in no time. HH, Mike

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Hawgwild

Hawgwild

Oct 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for the comments everyone...This is going to be good for me in more ways than one. Wanted to go back today, but after several hours yesterday with the bending, squatting, digging, walking, etc., I'm just too dang sore to do anything....LOL

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. great ring also for 1st time... Had my Ace 250 for some years and still enjoy it.. Easy to work with.. Know what you mean about hurting the next day LOL Good Hunting

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job with your new machine. I would pic 10 k 12k 14k or 18k gold any day over silver coins unless they are over 200 years old then I enjoy the silver more. I loved my ace 250 it is an awsome coin machine and loved the gold jewelry. Been using the 705 still in the learning curve with it and found a few silver coins in the 40's a gold ring and clad. Love it more than the ace.... HH everyone

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring find, first time out to boot. I've got an ace 250 as well as my three other machines, the 250's are great machines for what you have to give for them. The first good finds I found were a Indian head and a merc. Congrats on your first ring.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks so much for the comments everyone...This is going to be good for me in more ways than one. Wanted to go back today, but after several hours yesterday with the bending, squatting, digging, walking, etc., I'm just too dang sore to do anything....LOL
SORE? Best thing going is that exercize,the bonus is GOODIES:laughing7: NICE ring by the way.
God Bless Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread