Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My first hunt with the Deus II was naturally on the Beach, Oceanside Beach to be exact.
I've had the regular Deus since the beginning of 2011 and so expected no problem with this new version. Well I struggled for the first 2 hours. Lots of one way signals. The third hour everything just clicked for me and the Beach program with pitch was working beautifully.
Nickels seemed to blast their identity with "I'M A NICKEL, I'M A NICKEL!" and by golly they were. Deepest one was over a foot deep and hugely corroded.
By hour 4 I was getting pooped and ready to call it a day. But then . . YES a gold ring! 14K but small at under 2 grams. My energy was back!
I'm going to like this Deus II a lot! . . A HUGE LOT!

Attachments

• IMG_3640 sm.jpg
    IMG_3640 sm.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 10

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first hunt with the Deus II was naturally on the Beach, Oceanside Beach to be exact.
I've had the regular Deus since the beginning of 2011 and so expected no problem with this new version. Well I struggled for the first 2 hours. Lots of one way signals. The third hour everything just clicked for me and the Beach program with pitch was working beautifully.
Nickels seemed to blast their identity with "I'M A NICKEL, I'M A NICKEL!" and by golly they were. Deepest one was over a foot deep and hugely corroded.
By hour 4 I was getting pooped and ready to call it a day. But then . . YES a gold ring! 14K but small at under 2 grams. My energy was back!
I'm going to like this Deus II a lot! . . A HUGE LOT!
Congratulations on your nice recovery.Your determination to continue rewarding you and well said..thanks again for sharing

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your nice recovery.Your determination to continue rewarding you and well said..thanks again for sharing
Congratulations on breaking and a new toy I've been using the Relic program and it works really well on large c e n t s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions