39.8 KB · Views: 210
  • image-2687953939.jpg
    image-2687953939.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 6
Congrats on the "V" nick - awsome find - hope you find many more! HH

congrats...still on my wish list.......................................HH

I'd take that any day of the week! Nice find. :thumbsup:

I wonder how well it could clean up with the right restoration technique? If you like it the way it is then that's great. But you certainly can't make it much worse than it is so it may be worth a shot. Good luck.

Congrats on your first V Nickel. Those are always a thrill to find.

WTG, Found my first "V" today also, a 1907, mine was crusty too, soak it in some olive oil. Congrats!!

try hot peroxide my 1911 was the very same way hot peroxide took care of it the same way it does a cut it fizzed something fierceand cleaned all the nasty crap off it and it very legable now it didnt hurt the coin in any way. lmk if it works..

Dug my first V Nickel this morning. It's so toasted i cant make out the year but you can barely make out the V. HH

sweet find!, my first 2 v nickels were entirely smooth on the reverse side, could hardly make out the V on both of em. I dug a 3rd at a different site and that one was more crusty but the date and reverse were perfectly legible, the ground does strange things to coins:icon_scratch:

Great find. They usually come out of the ground looking like that.

Congrats. Yeah, V nickels just get so worn! I thought mine was a washer when I unearthed it. Post updates as you clean it!

AWESOME!.Great Find man..Ive dug only One myself...and i was happier than finding a Silver...Clean it up with some oil, you might get a date of it

Still on my list..great find Butcher:icon_thumright:

Thanks for all your replies and advice everyone. I threw the nickel into the tumbler for a couple hours and it cleaned up pretty well. Although, there is some pitting I was able to get a date off of it. (1909). Hard to believe its the same coin. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image-3379246128.jpg
    image-3379246128.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 98
  • image-681047060.jpg
    image-681047060.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 96

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back