First V-nickle

Keith Lenahan

Sep 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a friends yard to practice with the larger coil for the 250. Popped out the usual clad a 42 wheat and this crusty old nickle. I pulled allot of copper from this yard but silver hasn't appeared yet. But I'd be happy with a few more of these. Soaking now to see any more detail will come out.

Good luck and HH to all.

Attachments

• 1stvnickle.jpg
    1stvnickle.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 1stvnickleobv.jpg
    1stvnickleobv.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Oh Cool!...I still have yet to find one of these..How are you liking that bigger coil? I remember when I got the bigger one for the 250, at first it seemed to make the targets read larger..but i noticed a change in depth for sure.

Good Luck!

Nice, Keith. Looks like an 1884? Hope it cleans up good.
Jim

Thanks guys, hope it cleans up better also. I like the coil, I haven't noticed much depth difference. But I did hit this yard pretty hard previously and got some nice signals that I missed before. Also, now I use relics mode almost all the time and pump up the sens. I've been throwing around the thought of getting a Tejon. People seem to like them and they seem to get good depth. Keith

Congrats on your first V Nickel! Looks like you'll be able to make out at least 3 numbers on the date so far. Can't wait to see how it cleans up for you.
Nick

Cool find, Imma thinking the 4th number is a 4, Hope it cleans up well for you...............................HH

Well, the date is 1904 in poor condition, but it's still a V nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back