What's new

First Venison In The Freezer Year 2025

Cariboo5

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
2,662
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
3rd day of bow season my son had some action at his blind which resulted in a nice harvest of a Mule Deer Buck.
Very hot here so we skinned it out, cut it into manageable pieces and into the freezer. Tomorrow will spend the day
grinding into 3 lb packs of deer burger along with little tender loin and back strap steaks.
With several video cameras set up at different angles and distances was lucky to capture and stop the Crossbow Bolt in flight....
 

Attachments

  • 101 Harvest.webp
    101 Harvest.webp
    343.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 102 Harvest.webp
    102 Harvest.webp
    687.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Perseverance Pays Jarrets 1st Buck Year 2025.webp
    Perseverance Pays Jarrets 1st Buck Year 2025.webp
    409.6 KB · Views: 126
Posted here by accident .... Can someone delete this... Thanks
 
Nice ..that young buck is a good meat deer.
 
3rd day of bow season my son had some action at his blind which resulted in a nice harvest of a Mule Deer Buck.
Very hot here so we skinned it out, cut it into manageable pieces and into the freezer. Tomorrow will spend the day
grinding into 3 lb packs of deer burger along with little tender loin and back strap steaks.
With several video cameras set up at different angles and distances was lucky to capture and stop the Crossbow Bolt in flight....
Great! I used to love making venison jerky. Nobody sells it where I am now though. Hunting not an option here either. 🙁
 
Nice going !! Congratulations
 
Is that one of those expensive cross bows ?
 
Gare it certainly is and robertk nailed it as the better crossbows are expensive. This tenpoint Siege RS410 sells for $1,800.00 US funds,
here in Canada including taxes $2,750.00...
 
I have 3 Horton Hunters I would like to get rid of :)]
 
Last edited:
Great! I used to love making venison jerky. Nobody sells it where I am now though. Hunting not an option here either. 🙁
Chilli are you at the crowbar hotel. lol just mess'n man. Sorry to hear you're not able to get out anymore. The closest I've ever felt to nature was sitting against a tree and watching a slob Tom come into view or spotting a nice buck and watching him wind.

dz
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom