First Winter Garrett Scorpion Hunt Went Straight To The Birds

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
scorpionnoboirds2.jpg

As is my usual tradition, my latest metal detector I get my hands on always gets a chance to be seeded and photoed with some birds. And my newest metal detector, a Garrett Scorpion, got the tradition. Easy to do around here......the birds run out of food on the ground with the snow cover, so in desperation, will land on anything which is baited. And what a great way to spend a nice mild day with a camera. I almost got a squirrel to climb on the detector, but I he just wasn't hungry enough! So.....I just put some seeds on various places and waited, waited and waited. And every once in a while a bird would appear, and I would shoot him (with my camera) :).

thebirds2.jpg

After freezing my toes, nose, fingers and rear end, I had enough photos to make some kind of a collage.

pinictable2.jpg

Now I really had intentions of metal detecting too. I brought along the ACE, my winter metal detector, and it performed flawlessly as usual. I hunted in the woods for about an hour, got three coins, then back to my car for some warmth.

nitro2-4.jpg

I headed home, but not before hitting a couple of tot lots. I got more loot, and a gold ring, which made me do a snow dance. Unfortunately, after a second look at home, it turned out to be a nitro. :(

A great hunt either way!

Attachments

• nitro_(2).jpg
    nitro_(2).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 214
  • nitro_(2).jpg
    nitro_(2).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 193

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
What a beautyfull birdie!!!! How could it be so trusting to land quite on your hand?? Was very hungry, I guess!
Can I ask you why the Scorpion? It's a gold unit, isn't??

M.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Great shots John!!! Very nice pictures. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread