worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you just like catching carp or do you eat them?
I like the fight,C&R,this morning an older Russian fella asked if I caught any if he could have them,'by all means brother',I ended up giving him three,only got a pic of one though,he scurried off pretty quick with the first two.

Attachments

• DSCN6074.JPG
    DSCN6074.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of that salt water stuff makes me feel funny for posting these. This was only the second time I could get to fish so far this year. We only got 6 in the boat and they were all small. Being in a "new to us" lake View attachment 2029676 View attachment 2029677 View attachment 2029678 View attachment 2029679 View attachment 2029680 View attachment 2029681 View attachment 2029682 View attachment 2029683 we were told they liked big baits, so we threw a few. The tenacity of those bass is amazing, As you can see in a few shots, they were taking bait bigger than they were...
That,s a pretty lake!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the fight,C&R,this morning an older Russian fella asked if I caught any if he could have them,'by all means brother',I ended up giving him three,only got a pic of one though,he scurried off pretty quick with the first two.
Carp are heavyweight sluggers,fight you want,fight you,ll get!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say that Carp is the most eaten fresh water fish in the world........Never tried it.

Here is an 18" large mouth bass I caught the other morning. She had already spawned out.
Caught it on 2 lb line ultra light with 1/64 oz sow bug colored trout magnet jig.
IMG_4392 copy.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones youns have are hybrid aren't they?
We got all three,Stripers,Hybrids and White Bass in the same river. The Stripers are from stockings done years ago with fish from Santee-Cooper in South Carolina. They have developed a reproducing population in the river and crossed with the White Bass. Sho,Nuff!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got all three,Stripers,Hybrids and White Bass in the same river. The Stripers are from stockings done years ago with fish from Santee-Cooper in South Carolina. They have developed a reproducing population in the river and crossed with the White Bass. Sho,Nuff!
Same here on the Tennessee river system with the strippers. I like to catch them when they are schooling. We introduced the Fla strain into the large mouth strain.
I am home tonight making lures geared towards big big bass. Right now just proof of concept hope to try it monday if possible.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here on the Tennessee river system with the strippers. I like to catch them when they are schooling. We introduced the Fla strain into the large mouth strain.
I am home tonight making lures geared towards big big bass. Right now just proof of concept hope to try it monday if possible.
Making your own is fun.Even more fun when they work! Good luck to you!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go pro footage....mate cam...exactly what I see !! Love the gopro when I remember to use it. Just flooded my go pro 7, so im back up and running with a hero 10 now. Was able to recover some good stuff from the chip out of the 7.
@vandemarkrods
#teamlightinup #barefootfisherman #sportfishing #islamoradabreweryanddistillery #Shimano

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20220605_064556_548.jpg

Yellow fin tuna from video....me with the mate cam on !!

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_064556_548.jpg
    IMG_20220605_064556_548.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 18

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss deep sea fishing those tuna are great fun. I bought the black hero 9 I think with voice command. I always forget to wear it. Lots of nice fish on this thread!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread