Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200807_150409.jpg long day and only got 3 keepers.....2 mutton snappers and a turbit !! Nothing special but got dinner !! Also caught and released a shark and a Bonita!!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turbit...lost me there

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...its also called ocean triggerfish...or ocean tally !! Very hard to clean with leather like skin. Meat is white and very good. It is a very firm fish !!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
HOT sunrise fishing this morning,was pretty hot in the sun so we move back into the shade, it was tropical.:laughing7: I always ask Mike who is going to catch the first one,"Today I am".We unloaded set up rod holders,baited up,flung in out and waited.I really don't know what kind of grapes these are,but,they make you pucker up more than lemons.:laughing9:They look like miniature concord....

K1024_DSCN9732.JPG

K1024_DSCN9734.JPG

I got the only two.

K1024_DSCN9735.JPG

K1024_DSCN9743.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a friend after a trophy gar today. Bowfishing. 7 ft 6 whopper.

Attachments

• IMG_Aug12_4.jpg
    IMG_Aug12_4.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_Aug12_3-1.jpg
    IMG_Aug12_3-1.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_Aug12~2.jpg
    IMG_Aug12~2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 27

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Healthy specimens.
Congrats!

Used to fish carp at night.
Days too , but summer nights were most productive.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my goodness, garscale! That looks like something from River Monsters! Good for you and your friend! The pic is as close as I ever want to get to one. LOL

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My buddy Jr. has a 60th BD tomorrow. I told him I wanted to take him fishing for his birthday. We went this am. Got to the lake at daylight hoping the changing barometric pressure would force a feed. Right away we started seeing schoolers and he caught 2 of those. A little later, he snagged this one....I told him Happy Birthday! We've been building his homestead for 2 years. First the barn, then the house and have not fished. We both needed this trip. Although I didn't catch any today, I enjoyed watching him catch. We didn't weigh it but suspect 3 1/2 to 4 lb.

Nice birthday gift. We built pond first, then barn, then house. Caught a lot of flak over that.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice fishing, Chris!

Be awful nice if it's like that tomorrow morning,I just mixed up a bunch of pack bait I use on spring feeders,added a bit more than usual,raisin bran and graham crackers.I am going to find out if those carp like a hook full of raisins too.:laughing7:

Last edited:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice birthday gift. We built pond first, then barn, then house. Caught a lot of flak over that.

Ponds all over out here but if we had to we would have dug one too...

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gar shot garscale! We have bigguns down here too. Alligator Gar with long narrow toothy bill...There's a place in the Withlacoochee River that I call the bone yard. It's an area that splits the river around an island with one side being about 20 feet deep. Tannic acid water there and when on the bottom there it's pretty dark. I remember one day back in 71, scuba diving, fanning the bottom for artifacts and it was sunny out so it wasn't too bad seeing what I was doing. Suddenly, a dark shadow covered the bottom in front of my fanning and I rolled over, knife in hand thinking I was about to get gator got, only to look up a few feet above me and there were 5 of the biggest gar I have ever seen were just suspended right above me. Had the old heart rate going...

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys....its bitter sweet for me. I wish all of you a big congrats on all your great catches. Unfortunately for me its been a really messed up year. Only been out a handful of times since the spring covid outbreak. When I have been out its been slow, and we've caught nothing that was really photo worthy. We're still putting the fishing boat together after its fall in the boatyard. 20200612_174525.jpg its been a long repair process and is ongoing. So in the meantime ill live my fishing adventures through everyone else. Thanks to everyone for posting on my thread and keeping it current !! Hopefully we will get back on the water for some diving adventures on labor day weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread