I always ask Mike who is going to catch the first one,"Today I am".We unloaded set up rod holders,baited up,flung in out and waited.I really don't know what kind of grapes these are,but,they make you pucker up more than lemons.
They look like miniature concord....



My buddy Jr. has a 60th BD tomorrow. I told him I wanted to take him fishing for his birthday. We went this am. Got to the lake at daylight hoping the changing barometric pressure would force a feed. Right away we started seeing schoolers and he caught 2 of those. A little later, he snagged this one....I told him Happy Birthday! We've been building his homestead for 2 years. First the barn, then the house and have not fished. We both needed this trip. Although I didn't catch any today, I enjoyed watching him catch. We didn't weigh it but suspect 3 1/2 to 4 lb.
Nice birthday gift. We built pond first, then barn, then house. Caught a lot of flak over that.
Nice fishing, Chris!

What does a "flak" fish look like Sis?
LOL! Well, the have really big fish lips , like Mr Limpet, that flap. We call it “ Talkin’ Smack.”


Nice birthday gift. We built pond first, then barn, then house. Caught a lot of flak over that.
its been a long repair process and is ongoing. So in the meantime ill live my fishing adventures through everyone else. Thanks to everyone for posting on my thread and keeping it current !! Hopefully we will get back on the water for some diving adventures on labor day weekend.