What's new

fisher cz21 or minelab excaliber ll

Burldrives

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
St Petersburg Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am looking at salt beach detectectors , this will be 90 % of my detecting, but will have a chance to go nugget hunting once in a while . Anybody know witch would be better for nugget hunting a fisher cz21 or a minelab excaleber ll ?

Thanks Craig
 
Upvote 0
I'd get a waterproof unit as the beach is the most corrosive place on the planet. Neither of the above is a nugget shooter but will work in some places though to find shallow larger nuggets. No detecting is near as hard a nugget shooting and demands much specialization in gb capabilities. Go to where the rich folks go for righteous jewelry at the beaches as po' folks lose pennies,nickles and dimes. Rich folks egos mandate they wear that expensive jewelry everywhere and thats where you come in to prosper greatly :laughing7: John
 
Hoser John said:
I'd get a waterproof unit as the beach is the most corrosive place on the planet. Neither of the above is a nugget shooter but will work in some places though to find shallow larger nuggets. No detecting is near as hard a nugget shooting and demands much specialization in gb capabilities. Go to where the rich folks go for righteous jewelry at the beaches as po' folks lose pennies,nickles and dimes. Rich folks egos mandate they wear that expensive jewelry everywhere and thats where you come in to prosper greatly :laughing7: John
You said it all .. And it is all the truth..... So there is nothing for me to add to this...
 
For sure.

Nicely stated John.

All the best,

Lanny

I have a little Tesoro Sand Shark that I've found nuggets with--it's just not sensitive to small gold nuggets (would only find well over a gram nuggets). And, because it's a P.I. machine, it handled the extreme ground well. However, there's much newer technology out there now--like the Garrett Infinium that some are having great success with for coins, jewelry, and for nugget hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom