Fisher CZ3D Recovery Speed

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's raining so I spent my time reading the CZ3D manual. Most everything that I read I pretty much already knew. The one thing that I didn't know was that the CZ3D has a faster recovery speed than 'previous' CZ detectors which they claim makes it better at trashy sites. "Better ID at slower swing speed". I always thought that they all had the same recovery speed. Also doesn't having a faster recovery speed hinder depth some? Lose of depth isn't a bad thing if it's made up by having a faster recovery speed.

tabman

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tabman, saw your post on the other forum along with the original quote from the the manual:

"With this detector, performance and ID can be further enhanced by a slower coil sweep speed,............ so that sounds like a little more depth and ID accuracy when using a slower sweep speed. ...........more so than previous CZ models, especially in trashy areas"............ Can't imagine what else that would mean other than better target separation.

Maybe just one of those little engineering tweaks that the manufacturer decided to exaggerate on? Surprised that Tom D. had no answer for that.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tabman, saw your post on the other forum along with the original quote from the the manual:

"With this detector, performance and ID can be further enhanced by a slower coil sweep speed,............ so that sounds like a little more depth and ID accuracy when using a slower sweep speed. ...........more so than previous CZ models, especially in trashy areas"............ Can't imagine what else that would mean other than better target separation.

Maybe just one of those little engineering tweaks that the manufacturer decided to exaggerate on? Surprised that Tom D. had no answer for that.

Here's the copied and pasted quote directly from the CZ3D manual. The key words are, "more so than previous CZ models".

"With this detector, performance and ID can be further enhanced by a slower coil sweep speed, more so than previous CZ models, especially in trashy areas".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread