What's new

Fisher F5

stickyfingers427

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
82
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Just wondering if a new fisher F5 is better than an older model.. I heard their was improvements on the new ones but not sure if its just a rumor.. Just asking because I was going to buy one that was manufactured in 2007.. Thanks for your help
 
Not sure when the change occurred, but the newer ones have a screw on coil connection versus the push on type on the older ones.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
 
STICKYFINGERS:

I have the older push connector F5. I also have also wondered if anything new was added to the Screw-on connecter version. But I can tell you this, I absolutely looooove my F5. It is like a beast when it's out in the field. At first it's kinda scarey with all the turn knobs and push button settings. But really..... it's really not that hard to pick up at all. I usually run in ALL METAL mode anyway and put my sound setting to either 3 or 4 (depends on which preset sound setting at the time doesnt get on my nerves).
 
I have the pushon F5. Software is 6.1

I thought I read somewhere there is only a 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 versions, minor revisions.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom