I've had trouble with finding any coins beyond 8" with my F70. Not sure what the digital reading limitations means. Does that mean I should dig every deep beep that reads over 8", w/o regard to target ID? Not happening. If that equaled more coinage or relics even at standard trash-to-good-target ratios then I'd definitely be using my CZ's instead.
AT mode and tones? Hasn't worked for me either. But I've seen a few F75's out there and they did get targets deeper. Targets I could not see with the F70. It was not a case of masking or target separation, just depth capability.
Same goes with ETracs. They can find some targets I cannot.
As to the F70 being a digitized CZ3D, no. It is much more like a C$ with a DD coil if you go by the available setup and operational characteristics. Although most would argue, and I'd agree, both the C$ and CZ3D are deeper. But the F70 has better target separation and with it's iron range has some great applications in rural settings and trashy parks alike.
All that said I am one satisfied F70 owner. Some areas do make the rig chatter with the 11" DD coil on it, that thing is after all a bigger antenna than the smaller coil. But those areas are the exception, not the rule. From what I read, the AT Pro is the only competition in it's price range, but again that's what I read. Haven't seen an AT Pro in action around here yet.
Looking forward to hunting with someone with an AT Pro to see how they stack up against each other.