Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Fisher Impulse AQ..Very Deep.

Blessed to have the chance to own the "AQ" early. Been hunting / playing / learning / testing getting to know it's habits the last few weeks in and out of the water. After several years of messing with PI detector's I found one that fits my needs perfect and I enjoy using it... The "AQ" offers excellent depth and has the option of discrimination / reject on different targets. Surely not the Nox/Excalibur but still very impressive. With Summer here I hope to get a lot more time out using both disc modes...........Between the Impulse "AQ" and Excalibur I don't see anything that can match this combo in the water "for me". Been looking for "Deep" and think I found it...

Now waiting for my friend smokethecat to get the Cygnus, I may have to own 3 beach detectors..

>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and I wish you all the best my friend Joe :occasion14:
Cygnus is another Machine that is coming to release soon?:icon_scratch:
???

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you swing both at the same time?:tongue3:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joe for the input, your opinion weighs heavy!
ATX/Excal my water combo! will have wait on the AQ until one of the kids can keep up with Dad!:skullflag:
Happy Fathers Day to all you dads!!

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Joe for the input, your opinion weighs heavy!
ATX/Excal my water combo! will have wait on the AQ until one of the kids can keep up with Dad!:skullflag:
Happy Fathers Day to all you dads!!
Thank you!
Yes I agree, family first for sure.........Like your set up the "AQ" and Excalibur combo is a.......... one---two punch. Some places you just need more the your main detector. So far the "AQ" has put life into a couple spots that were dead.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iwill have to wait to get it ...just told i need operation that i will have to pay $3000
out of pocket :BangHead:

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
How lovely to see an Impulse AQ Limited find it's way into the hands of a dedicated beach/water hunter, more so to see/hear first hand tests and experiences with this unit. :icon_thumleft:
:occasion14:

LE.JAG

Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
FISHER AQUAMANTA / Pulsepower Goldscan 5c - goldquest ssv3 / Vista Gold / Nexus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a good machine :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you! Yes I agree, family first for sure.........Like your set up the "AQ" and Excalibur combo is a.......... one---two punch. Some places you just need more the your main detector. So far the "AQ" has put life into a couple spots that were dead.

Well my friend, we actually met once, and I've listened to you for a long time.

I'll be paying attention to this thread, and what's coming. Love my Excal, but I've loved a lot of machines along the way. Something new coming along to which I should pay serious attention?

Well, YOU are someone I listen to :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find something nice for me. Then send it to me!:laughing7: But seriously, Fisher makes good products.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I think it's a good machine :laughing7:

No doubt it is :laughing7: ......... but we on this side of the ocean can only guess as to how good it might be. :dontknow:

If or when it become available over here then we will make an assessment on how good it is on our beaches and conditions. ???

After 40+ years of beach/water detecting, first hand experience is the only way to satisfy ones own interest/curiosity. ....... :coffee2:

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to more testing vids, thanks Joe!!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Joe on finding out the detector fits you. Show us what itโ€™ll do and Best of luck!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN...

First detector I have had my eye on in a long time.

Have been interested and have had some attention on / in the EQ as a new "toy".

But I have always been a "tool" guy more.

This detector has had my attention since first hearing about it and I have stayed up to date on it and even had a few talks with some "in crowds" on this.

I think if I pushed... I could swing one.

I always wait on new releases of anything... till the bugs and reviews get heavy... one of the only times I did not "wait" was the X2 and that's because of my blues and I saw only improvements to an already stable machine.

I am not the "bandwagon" type... and more the "pulling out all the stops" type.

But this one has peaked me to the point of maybe calling in a favor somewhere to get a hold of one.

Anyway...

I am in no hurry and very busy... so.

But its been a long time since I saw a new release that kinda got my juices flowing.

This may be it... so far I like what I have read and see.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fisher-impulse-aq-discriminating-pulse-induction-jewelry-metal-detector_jpg_4890400860fa9053888e.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a few of these machines are starting to trickle out now. Mine just came in today. Can't wait to give it a whirl! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a few of these machines are starting to trickle out now. Mine just came in today. Can't wait to give it a whirl! :icon_thumleft:

Congratulations!! Great to see others getting the "AQ"! Keep us informed ....

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Guess now Minelab will be countering back at Fisher soon with competition. Like maybe a Excal 3 with similar features??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread