What's new

Fisher Proto #1: What's it worth?

carnotite

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 17, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
I got this metal detector from someone who used to design metal detectors for Fisher, and it says that it is prototype #1. I would like to sell this...what do you think this is worth?

PXL_20260418_170257490.webp

400.webp
 
#1. You need a charter membership to sell on this sight
#2 machine is 40 yrs old
#3 untested $25-50
#4 working with manual and extras $50-75
Good luck
 
#1. You need a charter membership to sell on this sight
#2 machine is 40 yrs old
#3 untested $25-50
#4 working with manual and extras $50-75
Good luck
So being a prototype #1 doesn't make the value any higher? Btw, I'm not trying to sell on this site just trying to find information on my detector.
 
Prototype Star Wars toys are worth good money because of demand, but a prototype for a metal detector would probably have little or no demand. Very cool item, but no one is going to pay a premium for it.
 
I don't know of any, but somewhere they must be folks who collect old metal detectors. You just have to connect with one of them. To them a prototype might be desirable.
 
You can donate it to MD4V.org and I'll make sure it goes to a Veteran suffering from PTSD.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom