What's new

Fisher

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
8,502
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
A first for me, I've only seen one in my life and it was over 25 years ago...
It was odd.. I was using a beam break sensor to trigger the camera. No pictures of it coming or going. Just eight shots almost identical sitting in front of the camera.
 

Attachments

  • LBFISHERDRAJPG.webp
    LBFISHERDRAJPG.webp
    448.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
I've never seen one in the wild...very cool!! :occasion14:

Ron, is that camera set up in high country?
 
I've never seen one in the wild...very cool!! :occasion14:

Ron, is that camera set up in high country?
Yes, it was until yesterday. It’s in the Nez Perce Clearwater national Forest. I pulled the cameras yesterday because archery season opens soon and there is a forest fire going about 10 miles away. The fisher was on the same camera that the cougar was on about 10 days ago and I missed a red fox on the other one. It was too leery to go into a tight spot. I saw it on my trail cam.
 
Yes, it was until yesterday. It’s in the Nez Perce Clearwater national Forest. I pulled the cameras yesterday because archery season opens soon and there is a forest fire going about 10 miles away. The fisher was on the same camera that the cougar was on about 10 days ago and I missed a red fox on the other one. It was too leery to go into a tight spot. I saw it on my trail cam.
Very beautiful country. I got to spend a few weeks out that way in Lewiston, Moscow, and Spokane.
 
AI Overview

The Long Tailed Grass Lizard has the longest tail in proportion to its body length, with a tail that can be over three times the length of its body. For absolute tail length, the Blue Whale has the largest tail, while the Giraffe has the longest tail of any land mammal, reaching up to 8 feet (2.4 meters). The Thresher Shark also has a proportionally long tail, as its upper caudal fin lobe can be as long as its body.

Here's a breakdown of longest tails by category:
  • Longest tail to body ratio (overall): The Long Tailed Grass Lizard.

  • Longest tail to body ratio (bird): The Male Long-tailed Widowbird, with a tail four times its body length.

    • Longest absolute tail (land mammal): The Giraffe.
    • Longest absolute tail (overall): The Blue Whale.
    • Longest tail (fish/shark): The Thresher Shark, with a scythe-shaped upper tail fin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom