What's new

Fishing and new field?

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
895
Golden Thread
0
Location
md
Decided to sleep in a bit this morn and hit a new pond at 9. Rainy and not much action. Big blue gills small bass and some crappie. Looked over the fence at a plowed and planted field and saw some quartz. Walking the border of the field I picked up two brokes and plenty of flake. Now I gotta talk to the farmer and try to get permission. Would be plenty of acreage and every place I was shooting for this year didnt pan out. Well worst case scenario I still get to eat some crappie.
 

Attachments

  • image-2418033540.webp
    image-2418033540.webp
    125 KB · Views: 132
  • image-271608136.webp
    image-271608136.webp
    103.1 KB · Views: 129
  • image-1476583716.webp
    image-1476583716.webp
    89 KB · Views: 141
  • image-4212263422.webp
    image-4212263422.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0
Thats a big bluegill. Hope the hunt works for you when you ask. Looks promising.
 
That's a dandy bluegill.. That sounds like a good way to spend a day...
 
It was. My entire free time has been dedicated to rocks. It was time to catch some fish and it was great day. Thanks for checkin em out. Hopefully ill get out in the big river soon
 
As soon as the water level drops here I am going to do some fishing. Whatever bites my plastic worm will be great. Ill let the fields rest for the summer or till it gets plowed for the fall.
 
That brim or shell cracker or what ever they are called in your area is a nice one. She looks full of eggs. Check this out.

image-3355992559.webp



image-3403018322.webp

I was bass fishing. Not the sought after species, but a nice one any way.
 
@ NC that is a red eared shell cracker. They get really big weigh up to 3 lbs in Fl.
 
Killer! We call em bluegills or sunnies. They are all pan fish. Great for breakfast patties after an early morning fish while campin on the river.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom