What's new

Fishing with the boys!!!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,777
Reaction score
6,885
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to spend as much time up at the lake untill school starts. We have been catching them on wooly buggers and muddlers. So beautiful and fun. I love the mirror effect. The bottom picture is upside down:)
 

Attachments

  • 0814171943.webp
    0814171943.webp
    547.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 0814171944-1.webp
    0814171944-1.webp
    422.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 0814171951b-1.webp
    0814171951b-1.webp
    456.1 KB · Views: 103
It's been a pretty cool summer this year in central Colorado hasn't it... Makes me wonder what the coming winter will be like??.
 
Thanks for the posts! The weather has been crazy this year, more rain and more mushrooms than ever. We eat the bolitas, never these. I need to order skiis and give up the snowboard this year, its a little easier on the back.
0815170823.webp
 
Fly fishing for trout and wild mushrooms on the same day, My kind of day! But less mushrooms here this summer, we miss some heat and spring was a disaster, we found only a few pounds of "bolet" and "chanterelle" this summer.
 
Last edited:
Chanterelle makes my mouth water!!! I have always been on the lookout for those! The fish jump like crazy at sundown!!! They taste best cooked by the fire up there!
 
Great pics! There's no such thing as too much fishing with your sons!

Fixed that last one up a bit:

0814171943-2.webp
 
Definataly would like to spend more time up there. We had a great summer and the fall is the best. My son caught a 6 and 3/4 pound trout out of there a few years ago. He holds the record for the family!! They both learned to ride bikes and fish up there. Its quite ,except the fish slapping the surface:)
 
We find our chanterelles in slopes facing south, near streams and also around hardwood trees. I hope it's the same spots in your place :icon_scratch: . The only other mushroom in my area (and yours I think) that look like chanterelles are jack o'lanterns (do not eat those!). Those Colorado pictures are so mesmerizing, thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks Bill, I have picked ones in the past that looked like them but never ate them. I will be looking again this year and may send you a picture if I'm curious!!! Thanks for the insight. Its an incredible year for mushrooms here.
 
Excellent pics.
 
Stunning Views. That red mushroom looks deadly.
Where are the fishy pics?
 
We only caught the good views that night, but I can tell some good stories!! We catch big rainbows, no boats or belly boats allowed in there. Ill try to post some fishy pictures soon!
 
Big rainbows caught fly fishing? Sir, Colorado will be chosen destination if I ever cross the border! As for mushrooms, you might be able to safely identify your picks if you have a mycology club in your area. Thanks again for your post last week, it reminded me to go look for bolet, we found more than needed and had a feast. :thumbsup: Please some more pictures, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom