Five Barber day

mineslob

May 5, 2015
springfield ma
Detector(s) used
minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found myself today, out on the field. It was a mild sunny day in December, in good old Massachusetts. There I stood with my E-trac in one hand, and a nice steamy Cumberland Farms coffee in the other. As I stood there and took in the scenery I knew it was going to be a good day.

Aside from the five Barbers, one Merc, and one 1907 Canadian dime you can see in the photos, I found a nice bulky old silver spoon ring, a sliver thimble, two indian head pennies, a V nickel, Buffalo nickel, and about 20 wheaties. This was indeed a great day....

Attachments

• 20151212_181513.jpg
    20151212_181513.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 20151212_181709.jpg
    20151212_181709.jpg
    774.5 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 36
You said it all- a great day!! Congrats from another Mass hunter....

-- Jeff --

Five barbers in one day vs 4 barbers in one year. You win. Thats a great spot you've got

Hello Mineslob,

Congratulations on the multiple silver recoveries! :occasion14:

Massachusetts was sure hoping today, I also had a fantastic coin recovery day.

Doc from MA

Awesome day!!! 5 Barbers. I grew up in Agawam and think about the grounds there and what I could find say at eastern states expo

Yup, this really happened. I was standing right there crying, rubbing my 1 merc and 1 rosie together to try and stay warm. Lol. Great digs bro, and great day. 2 bucket list nickels for me today as well.

Nice finds! I grew up in Monson until 8th grade. You hitting Forest Part or is that off limits? I remember playing in the Sporting News baseball tournament there in the late '70's. I think the ex MLB pitcher Mike Trombley was on our team(we lost the game he pitched, lol).

Excellent hunt,, boy a Seated or a Roosevelt would have given you a Silver Dime TRIFECTA on either end,, lol
Congrats on a whole bunch of Silver

I'm in awe. So very cool. So, if you have a minute to add to your excellent morning's story, this interested newbie would love to hear what led you to such a productive site. Everything I read here makes it clear that the research or knowledge is what makes your efforts worthwhile, so the "how" of how you got there would be great.

Wow! What else can you say, just a perfect day. Great silver finds congrats and happy hunting.

Great day! Would also like to see all your good finds! (from today)

Iowa Dale

now thats a great day!

Awesome day for sure! Lots of nice old silver there. A silver thimble is high on my to find list. Can you post a pic of the thimble and spoon ring?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back