What's new

Five boxes in

ramjet2187

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
926
Reaction score
141
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Picked up my 4th and 5th half boxes the other day. Box one, a few weeks ago, had nine 40's. Nothing but skunks since. Box four was more of the same, but number five yielded 11 40's, including a 67 SMS.

Still no 90's, but a roll of 40 after 5 boxes is still silver in the stash.

Good luck and great hunting to everyone.
 
Upvote 0
Not bad for 5 boxes :thumbsup:
I've done 5 boxes and a box with $430 and found 6 40%ers and a Ben.
You doing Brink's boxes?

HH,
Legend
 
ramjet2187 said:
Loomis, I think. They're "quarter" boxes folded inside-out.

Thats the same type of boxes Obediah used to get. Definately out of Nashville.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
ramjet2187 said:
Loomis, I think. They're "quarter" boxes folded inside-out.

Thats the same type of boxes Obediah used to get. Definately out of Nashville.
I'm nearby Obe's territory but mine are Brink's quarter boxes folded inside out. Says "Brinks" in Orange writing, I think.
 
Nice scores in those boxes!!! :icon_thumleft: What is the difference between a normal 40% and an SMS one? :help:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
I think SMS means "Special Mint Set", not sure how to pick one out though. Satin finish, maybe :dontknow:
 
No proof sets were made in 1967, so the SMS coins have a proof like appearance. Look at an old Ben proof. Not cameo like a modern proof, but highly polished look. Brilliant surfaces and devices.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom