What's new

Flake knife?

Arrow1492

Full Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2017
Messages
135
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Illinois. Any idea if woodland or earlier? Micro flaking on all sides.
Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    119.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Definitely an artifact. Maybe one of those spokeshaves, for making arrow shafts.
 
Cool find.

There are a few options in Central & Southern Illinois for it being Woodland or Mississippian, northern Illinois over towards Lake Michigan could indicate something earlier.
 
Nice find , looks like it's still razor sharp , without a base I'm no good for identifying type or date , aorry
 
On tools like that it is hard for me to put a timeline on it due to the fact that tools like that were made through out the whole time of NA occupation. Cool find.:headbang:
 
By the knob on the end it looks to me to be a Waller Knife but I do have one I found and I dont think mine is any older than Archaic. I love finding those big flake knifes
 
Nice looking artifact.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom