pigeonman Sr. Member Joined Jan 29, 2008 Messages 255 Reaction score 605 Golden Thread 0 Location Salem NJ Detector(s) used T2 SE Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jun 5, 2020 #1 Found this in a barn and just can't find any info on it.about 14 inches long with a brass wing nut on the one end.wrapped with cord and a small wooden handle,thanks for any help. Attachments DSC_9470_02.webp 93.4 KB · Views: 84 DSC_9475_02.webp 87.2 KB · Views: 76
Found this in a barn and just can't find any info on it.about 14 inches long with a brass wing nut on the one end.wrapped with cord and a small wooden handle,thanks for any help.
A Anduril Bronze Member Joined Aug 31, 2015 Messages 1,239 Reaction score 1,602 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used Garrett GTI-2500 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 5, 2020 #2 That is an artificial insemination tool for livestock. Just kidding. I have no idea what that is. It just strikes me as the kind of thing I don't want to touch until I know what it is. Interesting find, though. Somebody here will probably know exactly what that's for (but I'm a clueless city-boy), unfortunately. Upvote 0
That is an artificial insemination tool for livestock. Just kidding. I have no idea what that is. It just strikes me as the kind of thing I don't want to touch until I know what it is. Interesting find, though. Somebody here will probably know exactly what that's for (but I'm a clueless city-boy), unfortunately.
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 25,986 Reaction score 28,608 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks Jun 5, 2020 #3 Any manufacturing marks on that item? Don... Upvote 0
Red-Coat Gold Member Joined Dec 23, 2019 Messages 7,919 Reaction score 25,127 Golden Thread 0 Location Surrey, UK Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 5, 2020 #4 Cool. Yes, it's an old blowtorch. This one (sitting on its stand) is by Max Sievert and from the late 1800s or early 1900s: Generally used for soldering and brazing. Yours looks to be from the same era... possibly a little earlier. Upvote 0
Cool. Yes, it's an old blowtorch. This one (sitting on its stand) is by Max Sievert and from the late 1800s or early 1900s: Generally used for soldering and brazing. Yours looks to be from the same era... possibly a little earlier.
pigeonman Sr. Member Joined Jan 29, 2008 Messages 255 Reaction score 605 Golden Thread 0 Location Salem NJ Detector(s) used T2 SE Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jun 5, 2020 Thread Owner #5 no marks on it Upvote 0
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,199 Reaction score 33,156 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 6, 2020 #6 The end of that torch looks like a Nazi machine gun. Gary Upvote 0
☠️🏴☠️SCOLINO🏴☠️☠️ Hero Member Joined Nov 25, 2018 Messages 651 Reaction score 3,844 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Equinox 600 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 14, 2020 #7 Interesting find Upvote 0