What's new

Flintridge Core

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really keep the cores anymore unless they look like this one. Found a nice shard couple of scrapers and this which I think is a flaking tool. Its flint. Nothing whole on the points. Found in a field N GA
 

Attachments

  • SDC11664.webp
    SDC11664.webp
    319.1 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC11659.webp
    SDC11659.webp
    364.4 KB · Views: 97
  • SDC11666.webp
    SDC11666.webp
    283.1 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0
Nice piece there Rock I keep that sort of thing myself to me it's not all about Purdy it's about what they used.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 
hi rock, i brought a chunk home today too,i really like that stuff.
 
hi rock, i brought a chunk home today too,i really like that stuff.

I found the core or preform which ever you want to call it. There is a quarry site below the camp site. I found in between both sites. Im guessing it might of been dropped on the way back to the camp site. I bet he or she was disappointed when they found out they had dropped it on the way back after doing all of the work ready to make a nice point or scraper out of it. If it had some secondary flaking on the edges it would of made a nice Humpback Scraper but I don't see any. Thanks everyone I was happy to find something other than brokes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom