Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
flippin' sticks

here is my wore out cedar stick and a new one i just made out of alder
anybody got any lucky sticks ?..............twitko has a few cool ones...chokecherry and walnut IMG_1290.jpg

post them here

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Larson hang on I have some Mammoth Ivory coming your way when the rest of your package is ready. Make some very cool inlay.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Steve!! So Sorry About twitko!! Many folks we should have the opportunity to interact with, just to improve our level of Academia!! Hope All is well in the High Country!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no way I would leave that up there... the entire Internet can see this forum.

thanks
ok verde i got it and have it saved.........if you want to delete the address it's ok.....i have it saved

Larson hang on I have some Mammoth Ivory coming your way when the rest of your package is ready. Make some very cool inlay.

i am excited to get the box.....hope you are liking the wild dutchmans

Hey Steve!! So Sorry About twitko!! Many folks we should have the opportunity to interact with, just to improve our level of Academia!! Hope All is well in the High Country!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

thanks verde
i am working on the next group of flippin sticks...just started on them this week

larson1951

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GatorBoy!! THANKS!! I was trying to get to the White Dirt Country and get a picture of the object we spoke about, but the storm cancelled that!! Will do my best to get you a picture. GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
nope not snowed in but 3" of slushy sneet then it melted
sneet is half snow and half sleet

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
check your mail sheperdess
the first of 3 mojo mandan spirit sticks is finished and this flame hard rock maple and ebony piece is coming at you

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend made the Mrs. and I these 2 walking sticks. A horseshoe crab on hers, an owl on mine. Purple wampum inset at top. In third photo the friend who made these shows the purple wampum in his stick....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
wow charl those are way way cool

you know it gives me an idea for some sticks i could try to make from diamond willow........
..it is prolific along the banks of the missouri river and is a very hard type of wood....plus neat looking if carved right
thanks for the look charl
larson1951

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Steve, it has arrived in great shape. It is a beautiful piece of work. I love the flaming Maple wood. It turned out great.!!
IMG_1458.JPG IMG_1461.JPG IMG_1463.JPG
And what a nice little scraper you broke it in with.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Well, now, after all that rain, you will have to put that to good use! And LOTS of it. At least till the ground gets white and hard.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you so much mr larson,the stick is just dandy,i really like it alot.my dad who lives next door to me said they brought it saturday.they will not come in my yard because of my dog who just pretends to be mean,hes just a big baby but a real good actor when it comes to mailmen and ups people.im going to take a picture when i find my camera and show everyone,you are a great spirit brother thank you so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread