What's new

got a question here

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,035
Reaction score
9,241
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So of course I know of cedar net floats. I have found my share, they are always oval and nearby Astoria, Oregon cranked them out by the thousands. But this one has me thinking, native made? First off it is round, the size of a baseball and obviously hand shaped, (the cut marks are all over it). Further, I pulled it out of the mud adjacent to where I have found adz formed wooden wedges. So my question is, is anyone familiar with this type?
20251129_080815.webp20251129_080903.webp
 
Upvote 0
That's a cool find. I have to wonder what tools were used in making it, as the
grooves don't seem to connect with one another.
 
yes the rings go all the way around, indicating it was made from a branch of about 3+ inches in diameter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom