Florida Frame #3

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
4 points are Kirks...Also 2 fossil bone pendants...Center point is a Newnan...Necklace was found together with quartz pendant in the position you see...Red gorget right side..
DE0D9749-7C57-4B9A-B3BC-18622A9AE9FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful display!

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW, just WOW! fossil bone things are pretty darn rare. Suppa Case!

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
...Necklace was found together with quartz pendant in the position you see...Red gorget right side..
View attachment 1886788

Iā€™m trying to imagine the discovery and delicate process of extracting. What an amazing find!
I hope you have a photo or two of the in situ. Dang! Iā€™d really like to see that.
Beautiful artifacts!

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Iā€™m trying to imagine the discovery and delicate process of extracting. What an amazing find!
I hope you have a photo or two of the in situ. Dang! Iā€™d really like to see that.
Beautiful artifacts!
..If you can imagine, in a process like that you are carefully scraping dirt, your already into pottery etc.and you scrape the first couple of you donā€™t know what, and these these tiny things moved, I slowed down, I brushed till I could see more shell, everything is semi packed yellow sand, no shells etc. when you hit something itā€™s an artifact mostly pottery...anyway I knew I couldnā€™t spend the time to be a pretend archeologist, I used the screen...Iā€™m sure I lost a few but I knew that when it was put in the ground it was a complete necklace, the quartz pendant was not exactly a surprise given the other artifacts that were here, I didnā€™t get em all but I do have more that I will show as I go through this frame series. ...I let em dry and treated em with Duco and Acetone, Iā€™m sure these were not strung exactly like this but I had to string em someway..I have a frame that actually shows spacers between ....thanks for question I do post prolifically on another forum so I donā€™t have all the time I need to detail here, but I always like to answer any questions, thanks M.A...p.s. no collectors took pics. In 68, itā€™s a new thing, we had a limited amount of dig and hunting time on many sites, I donā€™t know if you can understand that...woulda been Polaroids, not these fancy I I I pads,Lol.....these are from Cedar Keys

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some dandies in that frame, Well Done! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread