Florida Frame #3

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
4 points are Kirks...Also 2 fossil bone pendants...Center point is a Newnan...Necklace was found together with quartz pendant in the position you see...Red gorget right side..
DE0D9749-7C57-4B9A-B3BC-18622A9AE9FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful display!

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW, just WOW! fossil bone things are pretty darn rare. Suppa Case!

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
...Necklace was found together with quartz pendant in the position you see...Red gorget right side..
View attachment 1886788

I’m trying to imagine the discovery and delicate process of extracting. What an amazing find!
I hope you have a photo or two of the in situ. Dang! I’d really like to see that.
Beautiful artifacts!

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m trying to imagine the discovery and delicate process of extracting. What an amazing find!
I hope you have a photo or two of the in situ. Dang! I’d really like to see that.
Beautiful artifacts!
..If you can imagine, in a process like that you are carefully scraping dirt, your already into pottery etc.and you scrape the first couple of you don’t know what, and these these tiny things moved, I slowed down, I brushed till I could see more shell, everything is semi packed yellow sand, no shells etc. when you hit something it’s an artifact mostly pottery...anyway I knew I couldn’t spend the time to be a pretend archeologist, I used the screen...I’m sure I lost a few but I knew that when it was put in the ground it was a complete necklace, the quartz pendant was not exactly a surprise given the other artifacts that were here, I didn’t get em all but I do have more that I will show as I go through this frame series. ...I let em dry and treated em with Duco and Acetone, I’m sure these were not strung exactly like this but I had to string em someway..I have a frame that actually shows spacers between ....thanks for question I do post prolifically on another forum so I don’t have all the time I need to detail here, but I always like to answer any questions, thanks M.A...p.s. no collectors took pics. In 68, it’s a new thing, we had a limited amount of dig and hunting time on many sites, I don’t know if you can understand that...woulda been Polaroids, not these fancy I I I pads,Lol.....these are from Cedar Keys

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some dandies in that frame, Well Done! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread