What's new

Florida in July; 2-days; Which Beach?

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,425
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:help: I am going to fly to Florida :icon_sunny: for two-days, and stay in a beach-side hotel to metal detect, eat and sleep for 48-hours. Third-Fourth week in July, where should I go? - Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Treasure coast perhaps?
 

Attachments

  • white cover .webp
    white cover .webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,566
  • white cover .webp
    white cover .webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,551
Terry,

Probably the best beaches for finding stuff on a short stay would be the beaches of Miami/South Beach/Ft. Lauderdale and the beaches around the Tampa/Sarasota area. Of course, those beaches are also the most crowded.
 
Smudge said:
Terry,

Probably the best beaches for finding stuff on a short stay would be the beaches of Miami/South Beach/Ft. Lauderdale and the beaches around the Tampa/Sarasota area. Of course, those beaches are also the most crowded.

I agree with Smudge, just know in advance all our beaches are sanded in pretty bad, East, West and South... Finds are a lot harder to come by this year, I don't think it is because no one is losing anything either as I still see the beaches full of people with jewelry on, it is just if you don't find it soon after it is lost I think it is sinking too deep in the new sand....
 
Find that dude in FL who keep posting his ring finds everyday. Go to his beach and do what he does. You should come home with at least one ring for each hunt!!!! Good luck!!!
 
tjc45 said:
Find that dude in FL who keep posting his ring finds everyday. Go to his beach and do what he does. You should come home with at least one ring for each hunt!!!! Good luck!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D There are 50 others looking for that same beach.
 
Terry Soloman said:
:help: I am going to fly to Florida :icon_sunny: for two-days, and stay in a beach-side hotel to metal detect, eat and sleep for 48-hours. Third-Fourth week in July, where should I go? - Thanks!

I don't think many are going to give up what beaches have been productive with gold at $1,500. an ounce. The way our hunting has been lately on the West Coast, lottery tickets might be a better investment. ;D
 
Are we talkin about Dew Guru? I wanna be him when i grow up.....EVERY DAY with the rings and chains....jeez
 
Almost every day, Muahahaha. :hello:
 
Terry your gold is going to happen soon. Dew Guru is the man when it comes to gold. Maybe he will give up a little info. Wish I could help, but know nothing about fla. Good luck and HH...
 
I'm no one special. I just put the time and effort in. It calls for both, along with a whole lot of patience and positivity. You're welcome to come down to my area Terry, no worries. -- Ray
 
DewGuru said:
I just put the time and effort in. It calls for both, along with a whole lot of patience and positivity.

You got that right Dew. You have put in the time. I found that big ring in hour 7 at the beach. I generally spend 7-10 hours each hunt and feel like I'm on a roll when I find 1 ring on each hunt. I'm guessing it takes me about 10-15 hours per gold I find. In the last 6 hunts that I found 5 gold rings I probably logged about 45-55 hours in the water.​
 
Well Terry, I would hate to influence you in any way,
ya seem to fly all right on ya own....... :laughing7:

And no clue if this is violation, as I don't promote anyone, or have any vested interests, anywhere.
These are just two links to my front yard, and some of the places I've enjoyed
for 30+ years.

Ya'll need piked up at Ft. Laud/Hollywood airport, pm me if in need.

http://74.169.150.36/view/index.shtml

http://www.riptidehotel.com/liveCam.htm
oh, we so sanded in, pelease!
Hope that helps some! :laughing7:
 
pat-tekker-cat said:
oh, we so sanded in, pelease!
Hope that helps some! :laughing7:

Pat don't know if you were mocking my comment or not, if you were, I'm not offended, but I know for a fact the East coast of Florida from Jacksonville at least through Cocoa is sanded in bad, I have also hunted the West coast, St Pete area and it is sanded in as well. I have talked to hunters in the Miami area and they are also reporting a lot of sand, although there are more finds there due to more people in the water, they are still harder to come by than in the previous years.......
 
THANK YOU ALL! :notworthy: Wow! I have been "sanded in" with great suggestions and offers - what a GREAT bunch of folks! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy: What a nice problem to have - deciding what beach I want to spend two-day on! I'm consulting with the bosses (two oldest daughters and the Mrs) and will keep you all posted! Thank's again for all the great suggestions and offers! :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup:
 
Terry Soloman said:
THANK YOU ALL! :notworthy: Wow! I have been "sanded in" with great suggestions and offers - what a GREAT bunch of folks! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy: What a nice problem to have - deciding what beach I want to spend two-day on! I'm consulting with the bosses (two oldest daughters and the Mrs) and will keep you all posted! Thank's again for all the great suggestions and offers! :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup:

Let us know where you pick, I may be able to meet up with you...
 
davest said:
west coast st pete area is "renourished" for your treasure hunting enjoyment.

just thought I'd let ya know.

Have they been renourishing the Gulf Coast beaches?
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
davest said:
west coast st pete area is "renourished" for your treasure hunting enjoyment.

just thought I'd let ya know.

Have they been renourishing the Gulf Coast beaches?

Yep. Next one in line is Bellaire Beach.
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
oh, we so sanded in, pelease!
Hope that helps some! :laughing7:

Pat don't know if you were mocking my comment or not, if you were, I'm not offended, but I know for a fact the East coast of Florida from Jacksonville at least through Cocoa is sanded in bad, I have also hunted the West coast, St Pete area and it is sanded in as well. I have talked to hunters in the Miami area and they are also reporting a lot of sand, although there are more finds there due to more people in the water, they are still harder to come by than in the previous years.......
T.H., no no dear, no mock, not at all! Emotions never convey properly on internet, I find.
We are sanded in so bad, Palm, Broward, Dade, it ain't even funny!
I walk around at low tide in ankle deep water, where as, it used to be 3-4 feet deep?
Whatever had been lost in past, is now deeply buried!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom