What's new

Florida in July; 2-days; Which Beach?

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,425
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:help: I am going to fly to Florida :icon_sunny: for two-days, and stay in a beach-side hotel to metal detect, eat and sleep for 48-hours. Third-Fourth week in July, where should I go? - Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Well, after listening to all of the suggestions I think I have decided on Miami. I am still researching, and I ran across these old treasure maps.. :coffee2: :headbang: :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • Treasuremap.webp
    Treasuremap.webp
    81.2 KB · Views: 710
Not been on the beaches in quite some time, since this past April, but word around here is that it's been very slow, lots of competition, lots of new sand coming in, etc. Might be a good idea to check the tide charts in the area you'll be visiting and if possible, plan your trip during a period when the low tides are favorable to the hours you want to hunt. High tides on the east coast are pretty rough to hunt and they cover up quite a bit of beach. Good luck! Have a great time! :thumbsup:
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
search and recovery said:
Wow guys! You have made up my mind. I am going to stick with N.C,, S.C., and Va. Beaches. Sounds like they are a whole lot safer to be on.

Beaches here are dangerous, reports of sharks taking people out of their beach chairs and dragging them in the water, no need to come here to detect on our beaches........ ;D
Don't forget that the sea gulls will peck your eyes out and the crabs will pinch your toes off.....Florida beaches are scary.
 
Quote from: Sand Painter on Jun 27, 2011, 12:28:18 PM
Quote from: finderzzs on Jun 27, 2011, 11:06:14 AM
Quote from: Sand Painter on Jun 27, 2011, 05:52:25 AM
Quote from: finderzzs on Jun 27, 2011, 02:44:50 AM
Quote from: biggmike on Jun 26, 2011, 03:29:12 PM
Quote from: finderzzs on Jun 26, 2011, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: lookindown on Jun 23, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
I didn't think any beaches were off limits. dontknow If your going to say something like that, you better be ready to prove it.
ALL STATE PARK BEACHES ARE OFF LIMITS, IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF THE WATER IN FLORIDA.
And you finderzzs need to answer the question: Who might that be? You are accusing someone of a crime dude. You should have some kind of proof before you do that or at least identify who or what you are talking about. Huh
It's not my place to out who's doing it or where. Just know that there is and that can be detremental to our "hobby". I don't need any proof. Those that are doing it know who they are. So be it. All I said is I wouldn't want to visit Florida and end up going to jail with some misinformation on this board.

Then you need to keep your mouth shut and not make accusations you can't back up!
Who the heck are you NEWBIE? You want to shut my mouth lets do it.

I am one of the ones calling you out for Slamming Dew Guru. He is a great guy and I enjoy his posts. I have seen you on more than a few occasions around 22nd street, 17th street and 12th street. You were wearing a red Ohio State Shirt. I was going to say Hi but you were taking a break eating a jelly donut.
I don't eat jelly doughnuts, or take breaks, the only time wearing that shirt was in a video, so I'm thinking besides a loud mouth your also a liar, but next time you see me, come up and say Hi. Then I'll bust you in your mouth, we'll see who shuts up.

Nice very classy.....First you cast aspersions on one of the forum's top hunters and then you resort to threats of physical violence. And then you try to blow smoke and suggest you were just making a good will gesture and keep people from hunting where they are not supposed to. Take a look at Treasure_Hunters post. He did that with class. But your intentions were less than noble and it is obvious. But the bottom line is everyone on this thread has seen just who you really are. So I will comply with what the admins are about to say and I will not reply to your threats any further. Suffice to say I will introduce myself to you in the future and we will have a nice chat. Smiley


To all I am not trying to upset anyone but I would like to point out that if not for Finderzz (Steve) and Craig Pi I would not have the success I have been having. They took the time to give me great pointers that have made all the difference using my dual field. I used to race stock cars and the last thing the competition would do was tell the truth of how to beat them. I love reading and seeing everyone's posts and i especially enjoy the friendly people. I don't think that Steve meant the post the way some may have interpreted it but that is my opinion. As for Drewguru I love seeing his finds and reading his posts keep them coming. If anyone is around Cocoa Beach let me know I hunt there all the time. Sorry I didn't know how to properly post the previous information.

Justin
 
you might have to check with the Miami guys but I heard there are some fine beaches in Liberty City that haven't been hunted in like forever. :dontknow:
 
Terry my daugther has a place on alton, big pink building, right by the yacht club..I retire I may be there several weeks out of the year..your welcome to tag along..23 months to go till Retirement...

 
Gary Drayton said:
Here you go guys, the back cover of my new book "The shallow water hunter's guide to South Florida" there is a nine page chapter with detailed information on all the best water hunting sites in South Florida.

Hey Terry....I bought this book as I tend to hunt the same places over and over again and it gave me some producing new spots. If you want to find gold it is worth buying the book for the cost of half a day's parking. The book does NOT have a chapter on local donut shops, which I would have found helpful.
 

Attachments

  • donuts.webp
    donuts.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 558
Dounutzz if you want the best doughnuts in Fl come to Titusville right across the river from the space shuttle pads is a place called Tastee O doughnuts they are the best. Cocoa Beach is also only a 25 minute drive.
 
jahall50 said:
Dounutzz if you want the best doughnuts in Fl come to Titusville right across the river from the space shuttle pads is a place called Tastee O doughnuts they are the best. Cocoa Beach is also only a 25 minute drive.

Doughnuts also known as "Heart Bombs"........
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
jahall50 said:
Dounutzz if you want the best doughnuts in Fl come to Titusville right across the river from the space shuttle pads is a place called Tastee O doughnuts they are the best. Cocoa Beach is also only a 25 minute drive.

Doughnuts also known as "Heart Bombs"........
Thanks Treasure Hunter......now everytime I eat one thats all I'm going to be able to think about. :'(
 
lookindown said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
jahall50 said:
Dounutzz if you want the best doughnuts in Fl come to Titusville right across the river from the space shuttle pads is a place called Tastee O doughnuts they are the best. Cocoa Beach is also only a 25 minute drive.

Doughnuts also known as "Heart Bombs"........

Thanks Treasure Hunter......now everytime I eat one thats all I'm going to be able to think about. :'(

Depending on the type of donut, a glazed or sugar raised yeast donut vs a glazed cake donut, besides the 2-3 teaspoons of sugar in each donut, it is the 12-22 grams of saturated fat and trans fat that is in each donut that makes the donut a "Heart Bomb".....

How many of us actually stop at just 1 donut....I know I couldn't..... :-[

It is now 6 months since I last had a donut, soda, piece of cake, pie, cookie or candy....... ;D
 
Gosh Treasure Hunter, you must have lost a lot of weight and be a lot healthier. :icon_thumright: I can live without all that junk food. But how do you go to a florida beach for two days and not have a soft drink or beer? :icon_scratch: True they have about 125 calories each, but no transfat. :laughing7: But come to think of it, they all come 12 to a box. :laughing7:
 
search and recovery said:
Gosh Treasure Hunter, you must have lost a lot of weight and be a lot healthier. :icon_thumright: I can live without all that junk food. But how do you go to a florida beach for two days and not have a soft drink or beer? :icon_scratch: True they have about 125 calories each, but no transfat. :laughing7: But come to think of it, they all come 12 to a box. :laughing7:

I have lost a little over 40 pounds since 1/1/2010.........I gave up sugar when my doctor told me to cut down on it or I could end up being diabetic. I decided it was easier to quit it than cut down on it........I haven't checked my blood sugar for 3 months, the last time I checked it, it had dropped from 115 to 101......My goal is to get it to the mid 80's....

I ocassionally have a beer, but it is pretty rare, it's probably been at least a month since I had my last beer.....I have 2 cases of Moose Drool, a dark lager beer by Big Sky breweries in my extra fridge, I love it but it sits there looking at me when I open the fridge....

Personally most times I drink sparkling water or unsweatened icetea with lemon when I leave home wether it is to go to work or to the beach.....
 
Congrats Treasure Hunter. I knew you were heathier :icon_thumright: Great thread you started Terry, I just bought a Sand Shark, thanks mostly to you and Dew Guru (he finds so many rings with it, that I had to try one and see if I can make it work for me as well, since my Whites DF is in the shop for repairs.
 
search and recovery said:
Congrats Treasure Hunter. I knew you were heathier :icon_thumright: Great thread you started Terry, I just bought a Sand Shark, thanks mostly to you and Dew Guru (he finds so many rings with it, that I had to try one and see if I can make it work for me as well, since my Whites DF is in the shop for repairs.

Thank you so much S&R! :headbang: Kinda gives me "goose bumps" to be in the same paragraph as Dew Guru! :notworthy: You are going to love your Shark, and I wish you much treasure! :thumbsup:
 
Never seen South Florida beaches so sanded in.....I was hunting South Beach and sinking up to my ankles in the new sand as I worked the water, also saw what appeared to be couple new dunes on the shoreline as well..... Key Biscayne was bleak as well......I am sure there is lost gold there to be found, too many people not to be, but you better find it shortly after it's lost......

Dave and I sure wasn't finding much to brag about..... :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom