What's new

Florida in July; 2-days; Which Beach?

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,425
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:help: I am going to fly to Florida :icon_sunny: for two-days, and stay in a beach-side hotel to metal detect, eat and sleep for 48-hours. Third-Fourth week in July, where should I go? - Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
stevemc said:
Ron Lord, just because snooksion sometimes hunts at night does not mean he is doing anything wrong. I have hunted with him a few times, most at night and we hunted at beaches that during the day they have parking meters, at night its free, plus he does hunt when the negitive tide is good, and winds are good etc. Plus no one is at the beach, and he has to work during the day. He hunts the same beaches everyone else does, but he really knows what he is doing. We also would go to several beaches, and work for hours and he might have 3 rings, and I might have 1. He isnt doing anything illegal that I know of. He got off here because of all the negitive trash like what you posted.

Looks like were gonna need more DOUGHNUTS! Boston cream anyone! :laughing7:
 
stevemc said:
Ron Lord, just because snooksion sometimes hunts at night does not mean he is doing anything wrong. I have hunted with him a few times, most at night and we hunted at beaches that during the day they have parking meters, at night its free, plus he does hunt when the negitive tide is good, and winds are good etc. Plus no one is at the beach, and he has to work during the day. He hunts the same beaches everyone else does, but he really knows what he is doing. We also would go to several beaches, and work for hours and he might have 3 rings, and I might have 1. He isnt doing anything illegal that I know of. He got off here because of all the negitive trash like what you posted.
He let trash talk run him off.....WOW.
 
:happy1: :occasion14: :boxing: :angel12: :blob8:
Two Boston Creams and a Glazed please! ::)
 
Terry Soloman said:
:happy1: :occasion14: :boxing: :angel12: :blob8:
Two Boston Creams and a Glazed please! ::)

Dang, and here I gave up all my sugar too.... Haven't had a donut since December of 2010......
 
Ron, that night we hunted farther up, just up by Ft Myers beach, check the tides and see for that day/night. I think the tides I said are for the pass/bridge going over to Sanibel. The tides for Sarasota are the same as naples, ft myers beach too. Check it and see. Go back to that date, I dont know when it was, and see. You should stop smearing his name when you dont know what you are talking about. The date was Feb 16th, 2011, low tide was very low, I think a -.8 and time was 0536. San Carlos bay entrance. Check it out and see. I dont even know what Naples would be time wise, but that whole coast is very parralel, so it all should be very close. But not exactly even.
 
Terry Soloman said:
:help: I am going to fly to Florida :icon_sunny: for two-days, and stay in a beach-side hotel to metal detect, eat and sleep for 48-hours. Third-Fourth week in July, where should I go? - Thanks!

Terry for the most bang for your buck in a short period try South Beach. One of the sweet spots is around the "W Hotel". Put a few boxes of donuts near the lifeguard stands and that will give you a half hour head start on the competition. Whatever you do...Do not throw a donut in a RIP current. That is just taking things too far. There is enough out there for everybody!
 

Attachments

  • Donutzzs.webp
    Donutzzs.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 844
Ron, lots of people hunt at night. I live up in Sarasota, and any given evening and night you can go to Lido and Siesta beaches and see people hunting at night, and I am sure it goes on all over. No sunburn, no charge for parking, no crowds, nobody asking you what you are doing, quieter, and usually calmer. I was stationed right on Lido Beach at the pavilion on the beach for 2 years and with my night vision googles, I saw people almost every shift out detecting. It is more prevalant at Siesta. I never said you were smearing my name, just snooksion's. Since you are just jumping to conclusions, and making up stuff, why dont you just stop this. Gossip doesnt get you anywhere, and it sure does make YOU look bad.
 
I'm getting a bag of doughnuts and going to an off limits beach tonight.....anyone want to join me?
 
lookindown said:
I'm getting a bag of doughnuts and going to an off limits beach tonight.....anyone want to join me?

I'm in but I have to tell you I checked with my parole officer and he wants in too.....Says he wants to find this:
 

Attachments

  • 6a00d8341c858253ef00e54f5a71708833-640wi.webp
    6a00d8341c858253ef00e54f5a71708833-640wi.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 761
lookindown said:
I'm getting a bag of doughnuts and going to an off limits beach tonight.....anyone want to join me?

I wish I could but I'm gonna be busy. :wink:

donuts_28.webp​
 
Ron Lord, here is just one instance where you stated online that you hunt there. I see why you would suspect that someone is hunting there. It is because you have hunted there. Please leave others out of your fight. I found this and others online. This is on another forum and you are Junklord**** I have decided to use the state Park laws to my advantage. State park laws are only good in the state park, so we find the boundary of the state park and hunt out side of them.Wiggins pass boundary is some where between the doons and the water.You can go to your county appraiser office for this info.I have hunted 100's of times in Wiggins Pass state park and only the passed few years that I have been told that I can't hunt in the water.
 
Donutzzs said:
lookindown said:
I'm getting a bag of doughnuts and going to an off limits beach tonight.....anyone want to join me?

I'm in but I have to tell you I checked with my parole officer and he wants in too.....Says he wants to find this:
Your parole officer is welcome to come....that way I wont have to worry about you hacking me with your scoop when I make a nice find.
 
I have hunted there lots of time in the water this true , but as of 10/1/2010 Wiggin Pass State Park has leased the beach and water out 100 yds for the next ten years making it off limits and or Park land.I am now trying to get a copy of the lease to see if it's 100yds land and water or something the State just made up.The County Sheriff office say they may only control the land ,it depends on what the lease says.
 
lookindown said:
Donutzzs said:
lookindown said:
I'm getting a bag of doughnuts and going to an off limits beach tonight.....anyone want to join me?

I'm in but I have to tell you I checked with my parole officer and he wants in too.....Says he wants to find this:
Your parole officer is welcome to come....that way I wont have to worry about you hacking me with your scoop when I make a nice find.
Lol Parole officer is my brother. Dont worry I got your back. Glock 19 w/ MARITIME Spring cups. Nobody is gonna take our Jelly Donuts!
 
From flying to Florida to the dude in FL who keeps posting his ring finds to Muahahaha to 45-55 hours in the water and being picked up at Ft. Laud/Hollywood airport. From what a GREAT bunch of folks! To I’ll bust you in your mouth. From going to jail to eating Doughnuts and 7-Up coming out my nose. From off limits hunting to Parole officers and Glock 9s and everything in between. I guess this discussion covered all the bases.
 
This thread has officially been derailed....sorry Terry.
 
Wow guys! You have made up my mind. I am going to stick with N.C,, S.C., and Va. Beaches. Sounds like they are a whole lot safer to be on.
 
search and recovery said:
Wow guys! You have made up my mind. I am going to stick with N.C,, S.C., and Va. Beaches. Sounds like they are a whole lot safer to be on.

Beaches here are dangerous, reports of sharks taking people out of their beach chairs and dragging them in the water, no need to come here to detect on our beaches........ ;D
 
I always fill my (doughnut) holes
 
lookindown said:
This thread has officially been derailed....sorry Terry.

I thought I was the only one that derailed threads! :laughing7:
Glad to see I have company!
Yeah, sorry Terry, hope all get over themselves! LOL! :laughing7:

Now please, someone hand me a donut! :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom