Florida state banning hunting.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The state of Florida as put forward a bill, to stop ALL MDing, & diving for treasure..If this bill gets passed, its enivitable all other states will follow eventually.
If ppl don't 'send a comment' what will be next? Artifact hunting?
Just imagine not being able to hunt for arrows.. :(
My friends your support is needed badly, no matter if you're not from Florida, this will effect us all eventually.

Check out the link... its easy to follow..PLEASE do this, takes 2 seconds..Also its important that you post the DATE on ''Darren IN NC's'' Thread.

Support our metal detecting friends !!!!

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,86.0.html

Thankyou..Any questions contact scubatreasure or Darren in NC for further imformation.

Molly.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to make an amendment.. Apparently the state of Florida wants to ban all sea diving/hunting for treasure, which if the bill is passed WILL lead to an MDing ban..Which inturn will envitably lead to Artifact hunting ban..
Just wanted to clear that up..

Please 'Make a comment' your support is vital..

Molly.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Some day it will be illegal to pick up a fossilized shark's tooth on the beach. Their agenda is no collecting anything, anywhere older than 50 years old. I have underwear older than that, LOL.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my goodness Tom.. :D

This country is not going to be a 'Freedom' country soon, if ppl don't stick together on bills like this..
Everyone needs to comment, all comments recieved will be brought forward at a meeting, end of this month, so get voting ppl.
Its important.

Molly.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Molly said:
Oh my goodness Tom.. :D

This country is not going to be a 'Freedom' country soon, if ppl don't stick together on bills like this..
Everyone needs to comment, all comments recieved will be brought forward at a meeting, end of this month, so get voting ppl.
Its important.

Molly.

Molly,
I am sad about the state of confusion in Florida.
there are a few states that will never reach that point in my lifetime,
and I live in one.
although my Brother in law would disagree...
move here and collect all the artifacts you want.

My brother in law would want all for himself...LOL

And don't vote for obama ...
if elected (mark my words) he will be the LAST president .

Thom

Flintfinder

Mar 31, 2008
Troy, Mo
Molly, I understand how you must feel, if someone were to tell me today after all these years of hunting artifacts That ITS AGAISNT THE LAW NOW.  Well I don't think I would swallow that very well at all. As far as if you don't like it move,,,,, HMMMMMM.  I love my hobby, but I also love my family and my kid has buds at school and plays football here, and what about all my buds, the creeks, the fields i walk, and on&on&on. I would have to hang it up, that's hard to swallow. I feel for you, and I will do my part to let my voice be herd for you guys. I also live in a State that is far from passin anything like that,SSSSHHHH yeah Right never know..John   P.s Cant teach an old dog new trick's   ;D

Brett2259

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
It would definitely s*ck if they would pass any law of such kind. The state bozos, as with the Federal Bozos, are really putting their noses where it does not belong. These laws are unconstitutional and violate many "Freedoms" we really have the right to begin with. It's all about control and to drain and squeeze all the life out of the innocent Americans like you and I until we don't exist. Enforcing Fear and coercion and violence are the main ingredients in "Their running the country like crap stew" :thumbsup:

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I have posted this Thread to help out fellow hunters in Florida, thats all. However I do believe bills like this get passed, whats going to happen next, thats my concern.

We would appreciate a vote, whether you are in Florida or not..

Thankyou..Any questions contact scubatreasure..

Molly.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I can assure that I will be hunting even if the State bans MD'ing - ironic that the state will turn me into a criminal with a stroke of a pen. I'll also stop contributing my historical finds to the nearby state museum as well, while the real crooks (archaeologists) may have to actually get off their asses to recover some of my finds. Those bastages have no idea what they will be creating if they do this. I've got at least 4 thousand curse words to say about this but I'll be nice. ;D

Groucho

Jul 23, 2007
Jacksonville,Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 With Eclipse DD Coil
How many members from florida do we have?
We could lobby or protest at the Tallahasse. If we have enough people. Just an idea

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Groucho said:
We could lobby or protest at the Tallahasse. If we have enough people. Just an idea

These efforts are underway up on the Shipwreck Forum, The state DHR just had it's final hearing yesterday, next they will send it to the state legislature. Contact your Representatives in the state house ASAP. The legislature goes back into session on 15 November.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I got Dr Wheeler to go "on the record" as saying he'll repeal both beaches and recreational areas from the 500 foot "buffer zone" -- --after I told him that a 500 ft buffer zone at our beaches might discourage tourist from coming to florida since they could no longer seek a "treasure coin" on the beach / shallow waters and that they might look elsewhere to vacation ---places that are more freindly where they could metal detect in peace. --- (something florida could ill afford in these tough economic times -- after I said that the asst secy of state hustled over leant down --covered her mouth but clear ly "whispered" the magic words "no messing around with anything that will screw up the tourism" -- after she scurried back -- Wheeler said --he'd had a lots of comment on that and that he would "remove" it before the final rule was submitted. for legal OK

score one for the little guys.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
So, whats the deal with the new law?If I go to the beach with my MD, Am I getting thrown in prison for being an outlaw or a pirate???????
I see it now....Talking to a convict in prison doing life -- Real criminal says--> "what you be in here for"?.. me--->,"uh, I'm a hard core outlaw, I was at the beach ,and I WAS METAL DETECTING,I DUG 20 HOLES IN THE SAND AND THEY GAVE ME 5 YEARS!...

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
wreckdiver1715 said:
Groucho said:

These efforts are underway up on the Shipwreck Forum, The state DHR just had it's final hearing yesterday, next they will send it to the state legislature. Contact your Representatives in the state house ASAP. The legislature goes back into session on 15 November.

Amen, Tom.
Folks, give it your all!
You may never get another chance in your lifetime !

Thom

A

Atticus Finch

I always wonder who these people are that propose all these restrictions? How do we ID them and get rid of them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread