Florida state banning hunting.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it always about da money --when da state or federal grubbermints are involved--- everything is set up in such a way to keep you (mr working man) from getting rich ( thus getting fat and lazy -- not working for da man ) --they want and need the "masses" out there grinding out a paycheck for them to tax to death--- tote that barge , lift dat bale --git a lil drunk and its off ta jail-- ah "the working class" head face toward the ground -down on yer hands and knees doing hot back breaking sweaty grunt labor -- makes a mere grubbermint workerling sitting in his air conditioned office (paid for by taxpayer funds) feel so good to look out the window at the slave / worker drones and say "geez glad thats not me" .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
the head of the state arch dept dr ryan wheeler --"offical" has the input -- but the string pullers who can have sway in this case are the sec of state for the state of florida and the govenor ---both wheeler and the dec of state are appointed * by the govenor and as such can be replaced at will by him--- funny thing about political "appointments" they are a never "safe" job cuz if differant political party comes in "poof" yer canned with zippo recourse ---(nature of the beast ) -- fall out of favor with your own group and its off with yer head too -- the govenor is the ax man for these folks . they "serve at the pleasure of the govenor for so long as he wishes" ---and can be released just because he feels that way -- no just cause needed. --- just like the state safety director in alaska was "let go" bu palin -- they said as govenor --"she didn't need as reason to fire him --since it was a "appointed" job--- she was perfectly within her rights to fire him if she felt so inclined to do so,

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is great news!! I've been vacationing in Florida for years because I like to metal detect on the beaches - now I won't have to spend my money in that state anymore, because I will have no reason to visit Florida, and can go spend my money elsewhere where my dollars will be appreciated!! Your state politicians can put this in their pipes and smoke it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
no you can still come here and beach and shallow water treasure hunt cuz you see I stopped * the retards (state folks) from screwing up the tourism that brings money to florida and I also helped out the locals (like me) who want to beach and shallow water hunt . -- happily I got the state to go "on ther record" saying they to agree to "pull" the stupid part about "beaches and public recreation areas" from being included in the "excluded" 500 foot buffer zones . thank goodness I was awake to the damage they about to cause --cuz they sure weren't. ???

Dec 31, 2008
Hollywood, Fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D
If you elect them, they will eventually bend you over. You pay them to F you. Some of you love it.
Then again there are some who do not.
Most of the time it is the far left bunny kissing tree huggers who will come up with an agenda of sorts that
will undermine and eventually remove your freedom. Please don't mistake me for a Ecological Slasher, I'm quite the conservationist. But there are people who do care about our environment and there are those who
pose as Eco friendly but have hidden agendas. Wolf's in sheep's clothing. These people hide their agenda in a veil of we must protect this or that and you evil bastards have to stop destroying _____ or the yellow spotted _____ will become extinct. (Bovine Scat) Most of the time its because they think that they are above the common man who is absolutely untrustworthy and must be controlled by legal means. Some times its because the State becomes greedy and they are afraid that they will not get their rightful? share. They can not control Joe Six Pack who goes out on the weekend and might find a sunken treasure cache. Hey thats State revenue.
These politicians take gradual steps in eroding your liberty and eventually they have taken it. Gradually and methodically they will take it all if you let them.
Whatever the reasons, whatever the cause, whatever the lie this time, who the hell are they to tell us that we can not MD in any body of water.
Next they will licence and permit you, you will they take tests, or worse a total ban.
I say F' them.
You all must find out who is responsible for drafting the bill, those who support the bill and then take some action.
You then turn up the heat on them. Sign petitions, write letters, threaten them with the facts that your liberty is more important than their cushy tax payer paid desk jobs.

Please don't get me started........

neo2868

Jun 25, 2006
Lakeland, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesero Tiger Shark
I live in Florida but what really surprises me the most is not that the state is banning treasure hunting but that we the people are allowing the state to ban treasure hunting...the last time I checked we still live in America and in the good old US of A people seem to forget the government only has the power we are willing to give them and in the past 30 or 40 years it has been more than any other time in history. Government employees for all intents and purposes work for you the people and your voice may not count in one office but let a news crew get wind of the injustices going on all around us (government doesn't like bad publicity...they might not get re-elected), and see how fast they are willing to change their minds. remember, United we stand, Divided we fall. that is the truth one person ranting and raving about something will get swept under the rug but a whole chorus of treasure hunters can get a lot accomplished. Just remember when they take one thing, what will be next? your way of worshiping or maybe how many children you can have(just like communist china) or even what kinds of jobs you are allowed to work. I think we all (and that means the ordinary people of this great nation) need to pull together and say enough is enough. the Declaration of Independance also guarantees this by stating " and when a government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the duty of the people to abolish that government and start over anew." how much more are we going to take before we have had enough?

jpitt1970

Jan 5, 2009
Huntsville. Al
What really sucks, is that artifact hunting essentially is illegal in the fresh water areas here in Florida. You do not want to get caught on any river or lake with any type of native american relic in your boat. They will confiscate your vehicle,boat, gear and anything else you got with you. They are really cracking down on the Chipola. For some stupid reason Bay finds are ok though...you're just supposed to send a pic, with an isolated finds form to Tallahassee...if they want it, they take it, or give you a certificate or something like that...SCREW THEM!!!!!

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY HAVE RECENTLY MADE IT ILLEGAL TO BUY SELL OR TRADE HERE TOO

Jon

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It won't end till the pols are dealt with, HARSHLY!

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey~ Look, I just came across this thread just now..... I live in Florida and have been here since 1985. I used to metal detect from about 1986 to 1993ish..... My Detector broke and forgot about my hobby till... Now currently just before 2009 ~ Aquired an MXT thanks to a loved family member. I read much of this thread, but it's long and I am angry just reading what I've read so far..... Can anyone throwdown a laymans cheat sheet for me.... What I can and can't do here in Florida now today? Damn, this really pisses me off, reading this thread. Here I go into hibernation with my treasure hunting, then suddenly rediscover how much I love it, but the laws apparently have changed, and now I can't do it here in this state? What the nap is with that??!!! This is B.S. I'm gonna call my Government authorities and bitch! and then call em some more. I'll do what I hate most which is phone solicitate to these law makers, and I'll can be a real pain in the srass about it, if I have to be. Arrrrgggghhh!!!!

I bet they changed the laws cause they know it's a gold mine here in this state!!! I can go on and on here.... Please can any one just give me a basic breakdown of what I can and can't do in this stupid state???

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, I'm more calm now, I was really mad when I first found this thread.

Ok so I read that post from the link on the last post, thanks Tom.... I've known about most of that stuff.... This thread sounds like they are about to amend laws that make it illegal to hunt anywhere in Florida.... Not sure if I understand..... Am I missing something? Is this whole thread just saying that these amendments to the law "could" happen? Or is there something in the works right now to in fact change MD - treasure hunting laws?? I also read all of the posts on this thread now.

1st post on here says Florida is about to pass a bill, but I cannot seem to find any links to it anywhere on this thread, can anyone direct me to a copy of it, or a least a news article about it?? The link in that first post just sends you back to the legal issues board on this site.

Sounds to me that the state of Florida is mad that they aren't getting their share of wrecks like the atocha. Plus Archeologists want to monopolize digging rights.

Adventurer

Greenie
Aug 6, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
whites DFX 300
I think some people jumped the gun on here and panicked-But,don't put nothing past the state of florida,they are known for passing some sorry azz laws. Have lived here for 44 years and seen it go to hell.........I won't even go into that LOL.

Galactic-Stone

Mar 12, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
I'm moving to Florida in a few weeks with plans to do alot of treasure, fossil and relic hunting. Can someone give this new guy a quick update on what the new law is? (or new restrictions)

Thanks in advance!

MikeG

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming to Florida in the summer as a tourist all the way from Europe, and loving to detect on beaches, I would also like to be updated on this !! :-\ :tard:

Is detecting banned, gonna be banned ... or what ?? :icon_scratch:

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beaches are all ok, long as its not a private beach or such..gregg

haven't heard anything more as of yet on being banned..

A

Atticus Finch

WE The People are the govt.

I keep saying it over and over. If they don't represent us..they should be dismissed.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I just noticed this thread and thought I would let you all know that you had better keep a close eye on this matter and get active in stopping any bills that even mention banning our hobby! They have just sneaked a bill past here in Wisconsin and now we can't leagally detect any state land including water which is all owned by the state! There is no artifact hunting of any kind allowed now so beware and stay active!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread