What's new

Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

OK returned from the Tresure Coast yesterday morning, man is it cold here in the North East corner of the US Brrrrrrrr....... Anyway, thought I would post my weeks finds from the ever so barren beaches of Fla.... There is literally tons & tons of NEW sand on all the beaches. Very disapointed to say the least. I had to do something diferent to find as much as I ended up with. The first 3 days were spent swinging the coil for abolutely nothing. I had to think, and think fast and hard to start to produce some coins. I took it slow and stated to go to these little pull offs near the bridges. I was hoping that no one had the same Idea as me... Pulled off the side of the road and jumped into action. Sure enough COINS were everywhere, on the dry sand as well as in the water. My wife pulled the beach chair out and watched as a grown man acted like a kid on his Birthday as I pulled coin after coin from the sands.... The next day I had a better idea as to how I was going to do this all over again... I pulled out a Flying Eagle Penny at 2 inches deep in a mud hole that wasn't 5 inches deep with water.... WOW I was on a roll... a few more clads and then the sound that we all love to hear... Low Low Tone and almost broken up.... yay first ring and it's GOLD with a very small diamond, and yes it's real.... very next hole anothe ring 22kt mans wedding band... My wife watched me pull it out of the sand, she says to me now I know why you do what you do..... I laughed... and continued to pull another ring later on that day a 925 China ring.... I'll have to wait to go back after the next hurricane to may be get my hands on some of that treasure that everyone says is still there... Thnks for looking HH
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0001.webp
    DSC_0001.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,331
  • DSC_0002.webp
    DSC_0002.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,307
  • DSC_0003.webp
    DSC_0003.webp
    24 KB · Views: 1,306
  • DSC_0004.webp
    DSC_0004.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,315
  • Fla Vac 2011 (219).webp
    Fla Vac 2011 (219).webp
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,342
Upvote 0
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Nothing wrong with that, you found what you were looking for. Good photos also of the area .
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Nice work, yeah the beaches are horrible right now, I know a few old spots like that I need to try.
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Nice finds! You sure have got a good burn on your neck lol...
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Very nice finds especially the rings! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

I am glad you found treasure...I would like to state that it 'looks like' you were MDing the area inside the inter coastal...you might want to check the Florida Laws...they are brutal down here.
:icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

You're wife married a smart man, one that thinks fast on his feet. Great idea that saved the day and produced some awesome finds. Congrats.
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

congrats on the silver and gold.
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

:thumbsup:
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Thinks for your pictures !!!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

GOLD & SILVER looks good to me. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Certainly nothing wrong with those finds ! :icon_sunny: MaineRelic
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

I also wanted to mention that on this trip I found the OLDEST coin that I have ever found in Florida ????? That was the 1858 Flying Eagle Penny pictured. Up here in the North East we find old coins quite often....I haven't even found any silver down there, crazy....... Any sugestions as to why?
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Fun in the sun detecting! Heck yes and nice finds! HH, Mike
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

way to go.
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

Looks like a good trip to me... Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Florida Treasure Coast Trip in Feb. returns with GOLD & Silver!

great results!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom