What's new

🥇 BANNER Flowing Hair Half Dime -- Off the fantasy bucket list - With video

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
1,496
Golden Thread
1
Location
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi T-net friends.

On Saturday I found a coin that no one expects to dig. 1795 Flowing Hair half dime.

Go easy on me folks--I did kiss this coin with my shovel. It was in the ground at 90 degrees, about 6 inches, and was surrounded by flaky targets making it very difficult to pinpoint.

I know a lot of you folks are vocal about not liking videos on the forum or not trusting links, but I assure you this is a safe link and the video is incredible. Very emotional find for me.



I was using a Fisher F75Ltd and operating in De mode (which I rarely do) 20 disc, 3 tone. The signal was just a whisper with VDI fluctuating between 55-60.

The coin was found in Maryland on private property, with permission.

Thank you for enjoying this tiny piece of rescued history with me!

Brad
 

Attachments

  • FH1.webp
    FH1.webp
    329.4 KB · Views: 1,380
  • FH3.webp
    FH3.webp
    87.1 KB · Views: 784
  • FH4.webp
    FH4.webp
    76.2 KB · Views: 827
  • FH2.webp
    FH2.webp
    188.3 KB · Views: 1,027
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491870686.935361.webp

What can I say but congratulations on a ridiculously special find.
 
Congratulations Brad! That's a very, very special find. I'm guessing that about 98% of your fellow T-Net'ers would happily donate their right kidney in exchange for digging that coin. You've got my banner vote!
 
The find of a lifetime and you kissed it? it's usually Kurt kissing the coins... after he digs em. "This week... on the Hoover Boys.... POP" better than anything on cable now a days. A Big-O congrats to you Mister.
 
Banner vote is in, congrats
 
Brad I watch all The Hoover Boys videos. You, Redneck Bob and Kurt give me motivation to keep digging even when it's dark and cold. Congrats on a once in a lifetime dig and I must say you kept it together better then I would have. I would have been in tears.
 
Absolutely insane! Wish I had history like that to find in ND!
 
Wow, great find! 18th Century U.S. silver!! Huge congrats!
 
Sensational find and a powerful, emotional video documenting the recovery. It doesn't get any better than that.
 
Amazing! Gonna be hard to top that one! A dinged flowing hair half dime is better than no flowing hair half dime
 
Congrats on an Awesome find! :occasion14:
 
That's an incredible find,,
I have a better chance of finding a Gold Coin than finding a flowing hair half dime.
Congratulations
 
Congrats on such an awesome and rare find that is very seldom pulled out of the ground!


Frank
 
Once in a lifetime find. Congratulations on the super rare coin. You'll be beaming for a while I'm sure. :icon_thumleft:
 
Holy cow just saw the value of this coin... big big congrats!
 
She's a beauty
 
Beautiful coin
Congrats
 
Congrats on the banner find Brad, just an amazing coin to dig :headbang:

HH,
Cal
 
So it appears he just disappeared?

Surely you're joking. I have been very touched by all the comments and will have some more personal responses shortly. I'm still on cloud 10.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom